Attention College Republicans

• Replies 88
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I guess i have to now. I'll drop out of school tomorrow so that I can fit John Kerry's description of a soldier. :nana:

Was it John Kerry who said this?

See now the only thing worth giving a rebuttal to is your last statement, since everything else was pretty much what i was expecting, since you guys had no idea what my future plans were, but i did enjoy your irrational arguments...

Changing my mind? You're kidding right? Technically i do have the option to to change my mind, you are right. But the "poor" soldiers who JOINED UP were also given the choice of whether or not to go.

Many of them made the chance a long time ago when they decided not to actively pursue an education in the public high school so they could go to college. Most of the guys i know, who are over there, made the decision in middle school to coast through the rest of their required education. I call that a decision which one can change their mind from.

Do you want to know what the difference between me and you is Mr. Vietnam? Is someone like myself and my friends are going to come back from the war with pride for what we have done, and not use it to sit on our arses and be fall down drunks like most of those vets from Vietnam.

*Edit: I admit the last part might have been a little over the top, but it was said, so it stays unless someone has a real problem with it. There is truth behind it, i am sorry if i offended or diminished any proud image that Vietnam vets have for what they did for their country.

Mr. College Republican, do you know the meaning of the word hypocrisy? In that one post you did/said everything that you supposedly despise John Kerry for doing/saying. Oh and while you’re taking about that post, you don’t like posts that paint all of your peers in an unflattering light? Gee, you don’t seem to have a problem with posting nonsense about all Vietnam Vets, or all Liberals, or all anybody else you don’t agree with. I guess it’s demeaning if it’s directed at you, but it’s constructive criticism if it’s coming from you.

Here's a guarantee for you kid; Whenever you and your buddies return from whatever shooting war you eventually participate in, (if you ever do, which remains to be seen) you will look back on your current attitudes and worldview and wonder how you managed to breathe with your head jammed that far up your own a$$.

I can confidently predict that, because I’ve experienced it first hand.

Here's a guarantee for you kid; Whenever you and your buddies return from whatever shooting war you eventually participate in, (if you ever do, which remains to be seen) you will look back on your current attitudes and worldview and wonder how you managed to breathe with your head jammed that far up your own a$$.

I can confidently predict that, because I've experienced it first hand.

That's not exclusive to military service. That pretty much goes for any 18-year old, no matter what they do.

Of course, the only way 18-year olds figure that out is to have life beat the experience into them...so why are you wasting your time? Would you have listened to your advice when you were his age?

That's not exclusive to military service. That pretty much goes for any 18-year old, no matter what they do.

Of course, the only way 18-year olds figure that out is to have life beat the experience into them...so why are you wasting your time? Would you have listened to your advice when you were his age?

No I wouldn't have. But I did have a group of people around me who were always willing to knock me off of my high horse and hammer some common sense into my thick skull whenever I became too full of myself...

So, now I'm just passing it on and paying it back...

No I wouldn't have. But I did have a group of people around me who were always willing to knock me off of my high horse and hammer some common sense into my thick skull whenever I became too full of myself...

Generosity of the human spirit?

Jesus, I'm getting old, I completely missed this post the first time.

Yep, anyone who supports the war and doesn't serve is a kitty.

Got it in one, Good Job Tom.

Except that it seems now that anyone who supports the war and intends to serve is a kitty, too.

Read the UCMJ. "Penetration, However Slight, is sufficient to complete the offense."

An alternate quote would be; "The Road to Hell is Paved with Good Intentions."

To escape kitty status, one must actually do something, talking about it isn't enough. They're PUSSIES until they enlist and complete their first tour in Iraq. Nothing else will eradicate their shame.

And I'm sure that if I mention that I didn't support the war, but neither to I support the shallow BS anti-war talking points the Democrats here spew, I'm still a kitty for not being properly anti-war.

Tom please let me assure you, YOU are not a kitty. An Eunuch maybe, but not a kitty, or you could be a Taint, yeah that's it, you're a Taint.

Basically, if we go on long enough, everyone who disagrees with RI will be, by definition, a kitty.

Nope, most will be classified as pussies, some will be classified as taints, and others will just be ignored as unworthy of classification.

Yeah, and I argue statistics with retards. We share the same interest in abject futility. :nana:

Was it John Kerry who said this?

Mr. College Republican, do you know the meaning of the word hypocrisy? In that one post you did/said everything that you supposedly despise John Kerry for doing/saying. Oh and while you’re taking about that post, you don’t like posts that paint all of your peers in an unflattering light? Gee, you don’t seem to have a problem with posting nonsense about all Vietnam Vets, or all Liberals, or all anybody else you don’t agree with. I guess it’s demeaning if it’s directed at you, but it’s constructive criticism if it’s coming from you.

I can confidently predict that, because I’ve experienced it first hand.

Who drew first blood? I believe it was the liberals of the board.

Secondly, you sit there and B word about how pissed off i get when read something that is demeaning to myself, yet you sat there and did the exact same thing. Good job scout, you walked into it again. :beer:

Who drew first blood? I believe it was the liberals of the board.

Those Dammed Liberals may have drawn first blood, but you were the first one to Cry like a little kitty!

Secondly, you sit there and B word about how pissed off I get when read something that is demeaning to myself, yet you sat there and did the exact same thing. Good job scout, you walked into it again. :wallbash:

Believe me kid, nothing you can do will ever have much of an effect on me. In fact the only reason I keep posting replies to your over-inflated sense of self importance is because I consider it my civic duty to do so. That and your bitching, moaning, and whining just amuse the hell out of me. :wallbash:

I really need to find out what it is you think I keep walking into. Apparently it's something that makes little Pussies like you all giggly and twittery... :beer:

Those Dammed Liberals may have drawn first blood, but you were the first one to Cry like a little kitty!

Believe me kid, nothing you can do will ever have much of an effect on me. In fact the only reason I keep posting replies to your over-inflated sense of self importance is because I consider it my civic duty to do so. That and your bitching, moaning, and whining just amuse the hell out of me. :wallbash:

I really need to find out what it is you think I keep walking into. Apparently it's something that makes little Pussies like you all giggly and twittery... :beer:

Who said anything about bitching and moaning? I would call it anything but bitching and moaning, and i think the only reason your saying this is because it was probably how you were when you were my age.

I love how your only defense is to call me a kitty and further prove that you know little about how the younger generations feel about the war in Iraq. But please, continue. I mean you probably more understanding of college republicans today than a college republican himself.

Yeah, and I argue statistics with retards. We share the same interest in abject futility. :unsure:

Yes, you have an interest in abject futility. You participated in a statistics argument without a) first learning to understand the relevant phenomena, and b) failing to understand what I was saying about these phenomena. Your intellectual laziness was the only source of disagreement between the two of us.

Yes, you have an interest in abject futility. You participated in a statistics argument without a) first learning to understand the relevant phenomena, and b) failing to understand what I was saying about these phenomena. Your intellectual laziness was the only source of disagreement between the two of us.

And awaaaaaay we go... :unsure:

A) Publications in statistical physics. You can look them up. I'm pretty sure I didn't get published in Physics Review E by not knowing any physics.

B) I understood what you were talking about. And it wasn't statistics.

And awaaaaaay we go... :unsure:

A) Publications in statistical physics. You can look them up. I'm pretty sure I didn't get published in Physics Review E by not knowing any physics.

B) I understood what you were talking about. And it wasn't statistics.

Had you understood the phenomena we were discussing, you never would have ridiculed the Hyperstats article. Its description of the test-retest phenomenon was dead-on right, and was echoed by places like Stanford, Duke, the University of Chicago, etc. Spend less time congratulating yourself on your credentials, and more time trying to understand what's being said before ridiculing it. You were overconfident in that debate, which led you to be intellectually lazy.

Also, you had absolutely no clue whatsoever about what I was talking about. None. You'd think there'd be at least a passing relation between what I was saying and your description thereof, but there wasn't.

Had you understood the phenomena we were discussing, you never would have ridiculed the Hyperstats article. Its description of the test-retest phenomenon was dead-on right, and was echoed by places like Stanford, Duke, the University of Chicago, etc. Spend less time congratulating yourself on your credentials, and more time trying to understand what's being said before ridiculing it. You were overconfident in that debate, which led you to be intellectually lazy.

Blah, blah, blah. It still doesn't mean what you think it means, as you still have equivalence issues.

Also, you had absolutely no clue whatsoever about what I was talking about. None. You'd think there'd be at least a passing relation between what I was saying and your description thereof, but there wasn't.

You'd think there'd be at least a passing relation between what you were saying and reality...sadly, there wasn't, and still isn't.

Blah, blah, blah. It still doesn't mean what you think it means, as you still have equivalence issues.

You'd think there'd be at least a passing relation between what you were saying and reality...sadly, there wasn't, and still isn't.

Equivalence issues? :) At least there's an element of novelty in your otherwise dim-witted accusations. The articles I quoted said exactly what I'd been trying to pound into your skull for the previous 50 pages. The fact that you claim to see a difference between the two raises three possibilities: 1) you didn't understand the articles, 2) you didn't understand my posts, 3) you're lying.

Hey, to be fair, he probably has many publications. And who are you to put down journals such as "Proceedings of the National Academy of Hamburgers", "The New England Journal of Drive-Thru" and "McNugget"

Hey, to be fair, he probably has many publications. And who are you to put down journals such as "Proceedings of the National Academy of Hamburgers", "The New England Journal of Drive-Thru" and "McNugget"

Dude, you ridiculed the Wikipedia article's description of regression toward the mean. Your excuse for that was it was Wikipedia. Then you ridiculed a Hyperstats article which said the same thing, except in greater detail. Your excuse there was that it was Hyperstats. Then I found articles from Stanford, Duke, the University of Chicago, and other universities which said the same thing that Wikipedia and Hyperstats had been saying, and which you'd been ridiculing all along.

You've been owned. You've been humiliated. You've been shown to be a dimwit. Deal with those facts.