With McGAHEE gone how about WR

With Willis gone I think it is time for the Bills to turn to a pass heavy team for at least this year. Picking up Chris Brown as a 4-5 year starting doesn't make much sense. If we get a nice WR in the draft such as Jarret at 6'5 opposite of Evans, it will be extremely hard to stop. Even if the Bills struggle this upcoming year, at least Losman is getting better and can have a year under his belt with two great wide outs and a solid offensive line. All we need after that is a young back in free agency or a younger rookie with exceptional talent (Steve Slaton). Let me know what you think....just an idea.

I think it is going to be just the opposite. I think we are going to be a run heavy team, especially after our OLine acquisitions. Think about it: we play in the NE, we are an outdoor team that doesn't play in the most ideal conditions, and it is a good way to control the tempo of the game.

I get that...although if JP is going to be a great QB here in Buffalo I think this year is the year where he needs to prove that he can take the team on his shoulders. Without a great RB and with a couple nice wideouts I think Losman can do it...

I get that...although if JP is going to be a great QB here in Buffalo I think this year is the year where he needs to prove that he can take the team on his shoulders. Without a great RB and with a couple nice wideouts I think Losman can do it...

But I think Marv Levys philosophy is to put a very good player at the half-back spot. I don't think the Bills will be going into the season with Chris Brown as a starter.

With Willis gone I think it is time for the Bills to turn to a pass heavy team for at least this year. Picking up Chris Brown as a 4-5 year starting doesn't make much sense. If we get a nice WR in the draft such as Jarret at 6'5 opposite of Evans, it will be extremely hard to stop. Even if the Bills struggle this upcoming year, at least Losman is getting better and can have a year under his belt with two great wide outs and a solid offensive line. All we need after that is a young back in free agency or a younger rookie with exceptional talent (Steve Slaton). Let me know what you think....just an idea.

I can't say if they'll turn more towards the pass this season.

But with the current #1 Evans, and #2 by committee, I could see them drafting a receiver - perhaps with a 3rd or a 4th. The Bills were fairly injury-free last year, but who knows?

Losing Evans would be a pretty big setback.

I may be one of the few, but I like our WR corp. I know we all would like to get a WR that is clutch in the RZ, but with our new FA OLine acquisitions, our TE is going to be more of a threat because he doesn't have to stay in and help our blocking to protect our QB.

You might see a WR pick later in the draft, but I don't think they are targeting a WR on day 1. Our priorities a far to great to target a WR early.

You guys seem to think that this is an automatic either-or

Although great RB's can make a poor O-line look o.k. a great O-line can make an average RB look great. IF (a moderate IF I grant you) the new offensive line of:

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Whittle - Walker

6'4"330 6'6" 335 6'3"295 6'4"305 6'8"345

Backups (Pennington, Preston, Butler, Merz) and MAYBE Gandy

A good run game aids the pass game. Evans is a top ten WR and JP is clearly above average and may be top 10.

What JP needs is one more WR - might as well use the draft

In any event, with time to throw JP will excel. The key is the new offensive line. If McNally harnesses these guys and give JP time to throw and opens holes up for the RB, then we will score.....a lot.

I'd draft Lynch or Willis in round 1 ( a trade up MIGHT get both of them if Willis falls beyond pick 20)

I am assuming Kyle Williams will play even better next year, McCargo will contribute, and the players will understand the defensive scheme better (2nd year of playing it).

Now, if we can only find a way to beat the Patriots..........

Jarrett is a punk - and a slow one at that

You guys seem to think that this is an automatic either-or

Although great RB's can make a poor O-line look o.k. a great O-line can make an average RB look great. IF (a moderate IF I grant you) the new offensive line of:

Peters - Dockery - Fowler - Whittle - Walker

6'4"330 6'6" 335 6'3"295 6'4"305 6'8"345

Backups (Pennington, Preston, Butler, Merz) and MAYBE Gandy

A good run game aids the pass game. Evans is a top ten WR and JP is clearly above average and may be top 10.

What JP needs is one more WR - might as well use the draft

In any event, with time to throw JP will excel. The key is the new offensive line. If McNally harnesses these guys and give JP time to throw and opens holes up for the RB, then we will score.....a lot.

I'd draft Lynch or Willis in round 1 ( a trade up MIGHT get both of them if Willis falls beyond pick 20)

I am assuming Kyle Williams will play even better next year, McCargo will contribute, and the players will understand the defensive scheme better (2nd year of playing it).

Now, if we can only find a way to beat the Patriots..........

I see your point, but I also think that we have more pressing needs that are more of a priority than taking a WR. I would love to have a potent offense, but I think that we need to be balanced in order to make a major improvement. We need LBs, CBs, and a RB before we get a WR.

Like I said, I think that we will take a WR, but not on the 1st day. Maybe we could get a guy like Colston for the Saints in the 7th round.