Why Willis was traded......take this to the bank

thebug

Also there an interview with Steve Fairchild on BB.com where he is saying that he wanted a RB that is more of a receiving threat. Wllis wasn't cutting it in that dept. for Fairchild. Another reason for the trade. Look for Marv to draft a RB with good hands that can hit the hole hard. Mmm, maybe I should rephrase that ?

Tonight I was listening to Prime Time Sports in Canada (Toronto) they had Marv on for a live interview......they asked the usual questions.....was Willis traded because of statements made in Playboy Blah Blah Blah.....was it attitude, character etc etc...Marv gave the standard answers we have been hearing all day....but.....the comment that caught my ear (and the interviewers) was that in talks with Willis and his agent they were made aware(or reminded) that Willis, without a contract extention could sit out 10 games next year and still be a FA at the end of the season....Marv said they had to take that into account when considering trading Willis......It sounded to me that they didn't have a choice.....and getting 3 picks is better than none.....if anyone else saw the program they can confirm this....sorry no link this is a TV/Radio program in Canada.....

That tells me that Mcgahee forced the hand of the bills in getting a trade done. I think he really did not like playing in a smaller city.