Draft Prediction

Ok after years of lurking I've decided to post and join in. here is my prediction for the Bills draft not taking into account trading up or down as Marv alluded to:

#12-DT-Okoye Big body DT's who have his combo of size, strength and quickness are hard to find. If Okoye is gone by #12 then the pick will be RB M Lynch

#43 CB-M. McCauley I think the pick here will definitly be a CB regardless of what we do with our 1st rounder.

#74 RB-M Bush Big back with high upside. I think he could slip into the 3rd round due to his injury history. Also he never has really carried the load full time, always seemed to share carries with somebody during his career. If Bills go with Lynch at #12 then I think Bills will take the best linebacker available here. I'd like to see a OLB brought in like S. Bradley.

#93 CB A. Ross I think we need 2 CBs brought in on day one. We need to add 2 more to mcgee, greer and youboty...

In summary I like the moves the Bills made in free agency to bolster the OL. The left side has the potential to be dominant and I think Walker will be much better off at RG with Pennington continuing to grow at RT. If Pennington cant hack it then we at least have alternatives in either Whittle or Preston moving to RG and Walker shifting over. I dont see the Bills taking a DT at all in the draft unless its Okoye or branch in the 1st round. If they go Lynch then I think that lets us know that they are comfortable with what they have seen from McCargo. Our CBs are thin and you can never have too many. being that we play the cover 2 I dont see the Bills spending a 1st rounder on a cover corner. Nate was a luxury to have as a cover corner so we just may not blitz as much this year leaving our young corners exposed. The front 4 will be expected to generate more of a pass rush and thats why I think Okoye is the key for us. His clogging the middle will open up more opportunites for Schobel and kelsay to get into the backfield more often. Lastly I expect to see Crowell put at MLB and I dont see us taking Willis. Crowell is agile enough to play the MLB spot in our defense. Spikes and Ellison can handle the OLB spot. If we deal Spikes then I expect the Bills to then make a push for either a free agent or restricted free agent LB before the draft. Day 2 of the draft I think we take an OT, MLB, FB and a tall project WR. :thumbsup:

Ok after years of lurking I've decided to post and join in. here is my prediction for the Bills draft not taking into account trading up or down as Marv alluded to:

#12-DT-Okoye Big body DT's who have his combo of size, strength and quickness are hard to find. If Okoye is gone by #12 then the pick will be RB M Lynch

#43 CB-M. McCauley I think the pick here will definitly be a CB regardless of what we do with our 1st rounder.

#74 RB-M Bush Big back with high upside. I think he could slip into the 3rd round due to his injury history. Also he never has really carried the load full time, always seemed to share carries with somebody during his career. If Bills go with Lynch at #12 then I think Bills will take the best linebacker available here. I'd like to see a OLB brought in like S. Bradley.

#93 CB A. Ross I think we need 2 CBs brought in on day one. We need to add 2 more to mcgee, greer and youboty...

In summary I like the moves the Bills made in free agency to bolster the OL. The left side has the potential to be dominant and I think Walker will be much better off at RG with Pennington continuing to grow at RT. If Pennington cant hack it then we at least have alternatives in either Whittle or Preston moving to RG and Walker shifting over. I dont see the Bills taking a DT at all in the draft unless its Okoye or branch in the 1st round. If they go Lynch then I think that lets us know that they are comfortable with what they have seen from McCargo. Our CBs are thin and you can never have too many. being that we play the cover 2 I dont see the Bills spending a 1st rounder on a cover corner. Nate was a luxury to have as a cover corner so we just may not blitz as much this year leaving our young corners exposed. The front 4 will be expected to generate more of a pass rush and thats why I think Okoye is the key for us. His clogging the middle will open up more opportunites for Schobel and kelsay to get into the backfield more often. Lastly I expect to see Crowell put at MLB and I dont see us taking Willis. Crowell is agile enough to play the MLB spot in our defense. Spikes and Ellison can handle the OLB spot. If we deal Spikes then I expect the Bills to then make a push for either a free agent or restricted free agent LB before the draft. Day 2 of the draft I think we take an OT, MLB, FB and a tall project WR. :thumbsup:

No way he lasts to round 3!!!

Is it possible to draft Lynch at 12 and then trade our 2nd and a 3rd to get back into late 1st and draft Posluszny? Would that screw us without having a 2nd rounder? We'd be able to draft best CB or DT or G available in the 3rd? But we also do lose the ability to have 4 day one picks. I dont know, I think I'd be pretty happy with Lynch, Posluszny and (best available need) going into the 4th round.

I think we'll end up with 2 1sts, one for Patrick Willis and one for Marshawn Lynch. Marv will get back in the 1st.

Linebacker is the one spot where the Bills could bring in a vet like June. I guess Jaron even alluded today that Crowell would make a fine MLB as he can play any of the 3 LB postitions. I just dont see the Bills taking Willis or a corner in the 1st. I think the pick will be Okoye or Lynch. A lot can change before late April but thats my prediction.