TJ Duckett

Dawgg

- He was a first round pick

- He's only 26

- He has very little wear and tear. Barely played last year and was a short yardage back in ATL.

- Difficult to tackle

- Has not been injury prone

- WILL COME CHEAP

Why this team is bringing in injury prone softies like Chris Brown and old, past-their-prime veterans like Corey Dillon is beyond me.

He'd be a great short yardage compliment back and will help alleviate all the goal line problems the team has had the past few years.

- He's only 26

- He has very little wear and tear. Barely played last year and was a short yardage back in ATL.

- Difficult to tackle

- WILL COME CHEAP

Why this team is bringing in injury prone softies like Chris Brown and old, past-their-prime veterans like Corey Dillon is beyond me.

He'd be a great short yardage compliment back and will help alleviate all the goal line problems the team has had the past few years.

Because Willis McGahee had more success running on third and short.

He's a solid goal line back.

He averaged 10 TDs a season in ATL which is pretty damn good, especially for a team like the Bills who have had major problems punching it in and converting in short yardage situations.

I remember when he played against Buffalo in 2005, our defense couldn't bring him down. He averaged over 6 yards a carry. He's not a homerun threat, but he is a solid short yardage back.... and most importantly, he's undervalued.

Whoever signs him will get a bargain.

TJ Duckett is terrible - a third-string running back in two different cities. Nobody's even bringing him in - he'd be lucky to have a contract in September. And why does it matter if he was a first round pick? That was ages ago.

Get your facts straight... he was not a 3rd stringer in ATL, he was right behind Warrick Dunn on the depth chart. When they brought in Norwood, he became expendible.

When used properly, Duckett can bring a lot of value -- especially in goal line and short yardage situations.

Is he going to win the rushing title? No.

Is he a homerun threat? Hell no.

But he's an undervalued player who would address one of the Bills' major deficiencies over the past few years: goal line and short yardage. I for one am sick and tired of watching Rian Lindell trot onto the field for yet another 20 yard field goal attempt.

TJ Duckett is terrible - a third-string running back in two different cities. Nobody's even bringing him in - he'd be lucky to have a contract in September. And why does it matter if he was a first round pick? That was ages ago.

- He's only 26

- Difficult to tackle

- WILL COME CHEAP

he blows harder then a north eastern storm off the atlantic.

Get your facts straight... he was not a 3rd stringer in ATL, he was right behind Warrick Dunn on the depth chart. When they brought in Norwood, he became expendible.

When used properly, Duckett can bring a lot of value -- especially in goal line and short yardage situations.

Is he going to win the rushing title? No.

Is he a homerun threat? Hell no.

But he's an undervalued player who would address one of the Bills' major deficiencies over the past few years: goal line and short yardage. I for one am sick and tired of watching Rian Lindell trot onto the field for yet another 20 yard field goal attempt.

Well said. Duckett pounds hard when called.

Rosie Leaks, Zack Crockett, etc.

So they have Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood but they don't need a short yardage back? Uh, OK.

Their names were Mike Vick and Justin Griffith.

Uh, OK.

So they have Warrick Dunn and Jerious Norwood but they don't need a short yardage back? Uh, OK.

Their names were Mike Vick and Justin Griffith.

Uh, OK.

I can see how you'd come up with Justin Griffith. You know, given that he got TWO first downs rushing for them last season and THREE the year before. He's obviously a stud. Yeah, I know. He had a decent second half in a meaningless late season game against Tampa because Norwood and Dunn got hurt. That definitely translates.

I'm sure the plan was to use Vick more often in that situation, since he's not at all injury prone.

In 2005, the Falcons were 10th in Red Zone conversion, scoring a TD 57% of the time.

In 2006, after getting rid of Duckett, the Falcons were 27th in Red Zone conversion, scoring a TD 43% of the time.

Coincidence? I think not.

Bottom line is that Duckett is clearly undervalued and would be a good signing in the $1M range as opposed to the comparably expensive contracts the Bills dole out to the likes of Robert Royal, Peerless Price and Tutan Reyes.

I can see how you'd come up with Justin Griffith. You know, given that he got TWO first downs rushing for them last season and THREE the year before. He's obviously a stud.

I'm sure the plan was to use Vick more often in that situation, since he's not at all injury prone.