McGahee

If we keep willis does anybody think that the coaches would make training camp a 3 way competition depending who comes in and/or bring in through draft? I think if we did this then McGahee would have no choice but to run his tail off just to make sure he gets the contract he wants. In the end we should be able to put all speculations about him behind us......just a thought.

Just read this on rotoworld.com. Not what I'd call a higly credible source, but they apparently got the info from buffalobills.com

Lewis not expected to re-sign with Baltimore

Jamal Lewis reportedly has until Wednesday to accept a "take it or leave it" offer from Baltimore.

He's not expected to take it. Baltimore is smart by playing hardball with Lewis, who is unlikely to get a big deal elsewhere. Lewis is visiting Cleveland Wednesday. Willis McGahee is squarely on Baltimore's radar now. Mar. 7 - 12:00 pm et

Stay tuned!

If we keep willis does anybody think that the coaches would make training camp a 3 way competition depending who comes in and/or bring in through draft? I think if we did this then McGahee would have no choice but to run his tail off just to make sure he gets the contract he wants. In the end we should be able to put all speculations about him behind us......just a thought.

The problem with this theory is that if we keep Willis, he will not participate in training camp. Coming off as serious of a leg injury as he had in college, he will not risk playing this season with no contract for next year. I do believe he would only have to play in 8 regular season games to collect his full pay, so I wouldn't expect to see him in training camp (as a Bill at least). This is why there is twice as much pressure on the Bills brass to deal him this offseason.

The problem with this theory is that if we keep Willis, he will not participate in training camp. Coming off as serious of a leg injury as he had in college, he will not risk playing this season with no contract for next year. I do believe he would only have to play in 8 regular season games to collect his full pay, so I wouldn't expect to see him in training camp (as a Bill at least). This is why there is twice as much pressure on the Bills brass to deal him this offseason.

Are you reading what you're saying.... A player in a contract year, is going to hold out and not play? So, he's going to stake his future on a 2006 season where he gained less than 1000yds and a 2007 season where he held out and refused to play? If he does that, he's dumber than I ever would have guessed.

Are you reading what you're saying.... A player in a contract year, is going to hold out and not play? So, he's going to stake his future on a 2006 season where he gained less than 1000yds and a 2007 season where he held out and refused to play? If he does that, he's dumber than I ever would have guessed.

He needs to work his @ss off for 16 games behind the new behemoth O-line to increase his market value so his snake oil salesman agent can better peddle him around the league in March 2008.

Well, I'm typing what I am saying. If he gets hurt in training camp or pre-season, there is no more money Dan. He will not get another contract with guaranteed money. If the Bills do not trade him he will sit our training camp, there is no doubt about it. I don't know if he would risk sitting out the season, i would seriously doubt that. But he will not take a risk in training camp if he does not have a contract beyond this year.