Corey Dillon

It would be a good thing...he did rush for over 800yds last year, was on a SB winning team, and also has vet leadership....HOWEVER, his biggest asset is the fact he played for division rival and can perhaps give us an edge when we play the patty's.

Watching Dillon in the playoffs it doesn't look like he has much left in the tank. Talk about slow.
In fairness, they played their last two regular-season games on the road, played the Jets at home in the first round of the playoffs, then traveled to San Diego and finally to Indianapolis. Truth is, watching the entire team in the playoffs was like watching them in slow-motion.

I think he would be a good addition for the team especially on short yardage and goal line situations. Wasn't our biggest problem a couple of times last year getting TD's? we either settled for field goals or we lost it on turnover. Would any one agree with that?

Man, are you ever on top of all this stuff. I have this vision of you locked in a command center with plasmas all around displaying all the sports channels, and eight speaker zones delivering you all the radio sports data, and you at a massive PC managing a staff of 10 grunts putting together everything you need as we wind down free agency. :lol:

We can call it the "Bills Control Center"! ... a great service that keeps all of us up-to-date on breaking Bills news, by the second

Good short yardage and goal-to-go option. Would he be willing to play that role for the Bills?

I'm very curious to see if McGahee wants to stay in the game this year on 3rd and goal situations since it may affect his $$ in next contract. I do think I'd rather have Dillon running these, especialy w fresh legs.

Overall, I think A Thomas is only better picking up blitzers, and Dillon is stronger in every other aspect except perhaps stamina (hard to tell since neither played full time). Of course, Thomas had probably also be had for less. At this point I thnik RB depth/talent is a bigger consideration than the salary difference, so I'd go w Dillon. I agree, 2 years would be ideal.

If true, good. He can backup the A-Train.

What? If they signed Dillon that would be the end for the A-Train. That means we would ideally draft our RB in the first 2 rounds. Especially with the re-signing of Williams.

I don't mind the fact that he is coming in for a visit, but I wouldn't want the Bills to sign him. I think the Bills are obviously sending a message to Willis, and I think this will make a lot of ball clubs more interested in Willis, by making them think that we are on the brink of getting RB help via FA, teams will hurry up their process to vy for Willis' services.

I don't even think Dillon is a good stop gap alternative.

Is that what they call it these days? Old fashioned? :lol:

I am sworn to secrecy about what they really are calling it these days. Evidently, if the real name gets out into the open, especially onto a board like TSW, the internets might go kablooey and all civilization might be engulfed in the quantum shock waves :lol:

I went to profootballreference.com and created a comparison list of some of the best 10 year or longer runningbacks:

John Riggins - 14 years/2916 (last 1000 yard year was year 13)

Walter Payton - 13 years/3838 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 12)

OJ Anderson - 15 years/2562 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 12)

Thurman Thomas - 13 years/2877 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 9)

Barry Sanders - 10 years/3062 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 10)

Emmit Smith - 15 years/4409 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 12)

Jerome Bettis - 13 years/3479 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 9)

Tiki Barber - 10 years/2216 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 10)

Corey Dillon - 10 years/2618 carries (last 1000 yard year was year 8)

Dillon's had 13TDs/2006, 12TDs/2005, 12TDs/2004. He's the same age as Tiki Barber (though he does have 400 more carries). Barry Sanders had 400 more than Dillon and the guy still wasn't slowing down when he called it quits (I know, totally different RBs, but wow, Sanders was special). Back to Dillon, he had 60 less carries than McGahee yet had over twice as many touchdowns. Riggins, Anderson and Bettis have shown that you can get to the big dance with an old warhorse. I see Dillon as the same kind of guy. Out of the FA runningbacks left picking Dillon is a no brainer. He's the only one that has proven to be able to carry the load. You get the added benefit of him being able to stick it to the Pats and him also knowing the other AFC's opposing defenses like the back of his hand.

If they do get Corey Dillon I see the Bills going...LB round 1, CB round 2, RB round 3.