Don`t "WE" need to get the good FA linebackers??

Pats and Dopes get well in a hurry, Jets get better with tough back.....We lose Clements,Fletcher probably Spikes and Mcgaee and in return we get three overpaid fat guys! NIIIIICE! :devil: Flameaway!!!

I wouldn't start banging my head until we ACTUALLY lose Willis and Takeo. Since I am of the belief that both 21 and 51 will shroud the same bodies as last year, and since I belive Crowell can play in the middle, and since I am hopeful that something might be worked out for Briggs (though it may involve WM/TKO or a combination of the two), I say let's not go jumping the gun just yet, the draft is still almost two months away (46 days). That is an opportunity to add 8-12 players to the roster-until then, the sky is where it was this morning and where it will be tonight!

FACT: The Bills have sucked for the better part of a decade.

FACT: The Bills O-line has sucked for the better part of a decade.

The best thing this team could do is get some quality o-lineman in here. They did that. Rome wasn't built in a day.

The best thing this team could do is get some quality o-lineman in here. They did that. Rome wasn't built in a day.

No $ left for FA linebackers.

AMEN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We have too much potential QB (in my opinion) and a great WR core (also with tons of potential) to let go to waste. We have not had an offense in years. This year will be different. As for our D we are good up front and two good safties that can be great this year with more experience under their belts.

Also FA is not over. And then we have the draft. Look what Marv did for our D last year in the draft.

I wouldn't start banging my head until we ACTUALLY lose Willis and Takeo. Since I am of the belief that both 21 and 51 will shroud the same bodies as last year, and since I belive Crowell can play in the middle, and since I am hopeful that something might be worked out for Briggs (though it may involve WM/TKO or a combination of the two), I say let's not go jumping the gun just yet, the draft is still almost two months away (46 days). That is an opportunity to add 8-12 players to the roster-until then, the sky is where it was this morning and where it will be tonight!

Not walking on the sky yet, but It would be nice to beat thes guys in our division to the punch once in awhile though............last time we did that we signed two great linebackers Spikes and Fletcher.

Pats and Dopes get well in a hurry, Jets get better with tough back.....We lose Clements,Fletcher probably Spikes and Mcgaee and in return we get three overpaid fat guys! NIIIIICE! :devil: Flameaway!!!

Last time I checked, Miami got rid of the two guys who led them in receptions last year (trading Welker and cutting McMichael), let Kevin Carter walk, cut half their offensive linemen off an already-bad unit, and still has Culpepper and Lemon listed as their top two QBs.

Can Porter block?

Since Lori took the Dolphins, I will do the Patriots:

How does adding another 29 year old who(based on the history of ex-Ravens) has about a 30% chance of catching on, instantly make a LB corp whose starters average age is 32 better? At best he keeps things the same. He's not gonna cut the years off of Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, or Colvin. I could see it if 2 or more of these guys were 2 years starters, but they aren't, not even close. In fact, show me any other team where any of those guys would start THIS YEAR and I'll show you the cellar of their division.

Signing Welker does not scare me. Especially when you realize that this was done as much for his special teams ability as his WR ability. Seriously, would you be scared about major improvement on O if someone had signed Steve Tasker? I know Kelly said "no one can cover Tasker", but if that was really the case why didn't he start, ever? The only upside here is if the ONLY reason Welker was marginal last year is the QB play in Miami. If it isn't, so what?

IF they get Stallworth yes, that is cause for concern. The guy did a fairly decent job for the Eagles - when he wasn't injured. There is no doubt that the Eagles got better at WR when he was signed, but if you have the worst receiving corp in the NFL(like the Eagles did last year, and the Pats have this year) signing anyone but the guys you have makes you better.

So, I see a small potential for the Patriots to get better(10%), I see a hell of a lot more potential for them to stay the same(60%), and significant potential, due to the aging of everybody else on that team and that neither one of these WR are legit #1 guys, for them to get worse(30%).

In all cases, the Pats have by no means definitely "gotten well in a hurry".

I'll take the Jets. They look like a team set to implode under Pennington, and I'm not scared by Clemens. Thomas Jones gives them an upgrade at RB, but that's negated by the struggles of their O-line and Pennington (who became a hated man by Jets fans at the end of last year). Plus they won't have a creampuff schedule again this year.

Last time I checked, Miami got rid of the two guys who led them in receptions last year (trading Welker and cutting McMichael), let Kevin Carter walk, cut half their offensive linemen off an already-bad unit, and still has Culpepper and Lemon listed as their top two QBs.

Can Porter block?

They probably will still stink it up on offense again,but their going to be much better on defense. I think 'I`ll "Take the under" on both games we play them.

Prediction next year .....Bills Win both.....3-0-Away and 6-0 Home. :devil:

Since Lori took the Dolphins, I will do the Patriots:

How does adding another 29 year old who(based on the history of ex-Ravens) has about a 30% chance of catching on, instantly make a LB corp whose starters average age is 32 better? At best he keeps things the same. He's not gonna cut the years off of Bruschi, Vrabel, Seau, or Colvin. I could see it if 2 or more of these guys were 2 years starters, but they aren't, not even close. In fact, show me any other team where any of those guys would start THIS YEAR and I'll show you the cellar of their division.

Signing Welker does not scare me. Especially when you realize that this was done as much for his special teams ability as his WR ability. Seriously, would you be scared about major improvement on O if someone had signed Steve Tasker? I know Kelly said "no one can cover Tasker", but if that was really the case why didn't he start, ever? The only upside here is if the ONLY reason Welker was marginal last year is the QB play in Miami. If it isn't, so what?

IF they get Stallworth yes, that is cause for concern. The guy did a fairly decent job for the Eagles - when he wasn't injured. There is no doubt that the Eagles got better at WR when he was signed, but if you have the worst receiving corp in the NFL(like the Eagles did last year, and the Pats have this year) signing anyone but the guys you have makes you better.

So, I see a small potential for the Patriots to get better(10%), I see a hell of a lot more potential for them to stay the same(60%), and significant potential, due to the aging of everybody else on that team and that neither one of these WR are legit #1 guys, for them to get worse(30%).

In all cases, the Pats have by no means definitely "gotten well in a hurry".

Im not really concerned about the Pats Beating us cause thats a gimmie(100%),but Iam concerned about them getting better and beating the Colts to go to another Superbowl...that would blow......and Welker did start when Chambers was hurt last year and I for one thought he was much quicker and had better hands and could run after the catch better then Chambers.All n all I`d say Im about 84.3% right. :lol:

I'll take the Jets. They look like a team set to implode under Pennington, and I'm not scared by Clemens. Thomas Jones gives them an upgrade at RB, but that's negated by the struggles of their O-line and Pennington (who became a hated man by Jets fans at the end of last year). Plus they won't have a creampuff schedule again this year.

I don`t think the jets will be there either this year and we always end up splitting with them anyway,but I WILL be extremely dissapointed if Thomas Jones runs our a$$es into the ground both games.

Pats and Dopes get well in a hurry, Jets get better with tough back.....We lose Clements,Fletcher probably Spikes and Mcgaee and in return we get three overpaid fat guys! NIIIIICE! :lol: Flameaway!!!

Who do you want on the line then? 3 overpaid skinny guys???? :blink:

since Briggs is unhappy, how does that make the Bills the front runners to get him? And why would the Bears, who just dumped a RB trade for Willis McGahee, who is basically Thomas Jones value wise.. They traded him because of cedric benson.. And how do you expect to add 8-12 players via the draft? We don't have that many draft picks, unless we trade for some more.. and sign a few guys.. I just think this is unrealistic.

Im not really concerned about the Pats Beating us cause thats a gimmie(100%),but Iam concerned about them getting better and beating the Colts to go to another Superbowl...that would blow......and Welker did start when Chambers was hurt last year and I for one thought he was much quicker and had better hands and could run after the catch better then Chambers.All n all I`d say Im about 84.3% right. :D

Not even close to 100%. Not even close. Again, how do you answer for the LBs that suck and aren't getting any better? When this team won Super Bowls it was, contrary to all Brady knob-slobbers, mostly because of their LB corp. How does Welker or Stallworth resolve crappy linebackers? Nothing in your post, this or last, points to you being 10% right never mind 84.3% right. :lol:

.....and Welker did start when Chambers was hurt last year and I for one thought he was much quicker and had better hands and could run after the catch better then Chambers.

So, because Welker is better than Chambers(if this is even true) = Welker is a #1 receiver that will be smoking the Bills next year?

Nothing like a good old "excluding the middle" argument to fire me up. :blink: In case you don't know what that means - what you are saying = like saying: It hasn't rained in days, if it rains today, it's now "raining all the time". No - it just rained today. Welker represents a little rain, not thunderstorms.

You can't draw the conclusion that the Pats have "gotten well in a hurry" based on Thomas, Welker, and maybe Stallworth. Well actually let me rephrase that: I PRAY that the Pats are dumb enough to believe that(2 late first round picks and 0 second round too - Brilliant! :D ), because that takes us a HUGE step towards putting the 2 Pats games in the win column this year.

Pats and Dopes get well in a hurry, Jets get better with tough back.....We lose Clements,Fletcher probably Spikes and Mcgaee and in return we get three overpaid fat guys! NIIIIICE! :lol: Flameaway!!!

People like you are never satisfied no matter what Marv does. 3 fat guys? He brings in one of the better guards (statistically as well), a huge but agile tackle with a solid history (other than last year), and a versatile lunch-bucket guy, and you're complaining after 15 years of horrible line play.

Go take a dive into a puddle.

I think Welker will really thrive on the Patsies. He's a very good return man and a very good slot receiver if someone can get him the ball, and they have the guy to do it. He's dangerous and a big upgrade IMO from Caldwell and Gafney as far as hands and routes and moves and toughness goes. They need another WR but he is going to add a lot to their team.

The best part about the Welker move is that it marginally improves the Pats while dramatically worsening the Dolphins' offense. Without McMichael, their only remaining pass catcher is Chris Chambers, who is by FAR the wrost wide receiver in the league. I'm not sure what everyone makes of football outsiders' stats, but here you go: http://footballoutsiders.com/stats/wr.php

Look down. Way down. Yeah. DPAR may be a statistic you can argue with, but 'passes' is objective: The number of balls thrown Chambers' way. 153. Tops in the league. Catch percentage? 39%. Over 60% of the time you throw to Chambers, it bounced off the turf. You can blame some of that on Joey, of course, but then what about Booker (61% completed) and Welker (67%).