Watching Some Highlights...

Has anyone seen the freakin almighty POWER that J.P. puts in to his throws?

I was watching some of his highlights from early in the season and when he drops the anchor to throw he just unleashes... I loved what I saw from some of the highlights... lots of messing up by London, along with some good plays but some TD's for other teams that were mostly his fault (Javon Walker TD).

Gotta love seeing how the A-Train runs. He just lowers the shoulders and stiff arms his way to the endzone... best quote I heard "Riding the A-Train to the endzone, TD Bills."

Anyways, if Willis is gone I think we have a suitable ball sharer in his place.

I was watching some of his highlights from early in the season and when he drops the anchor to throw he just unleashes... I loved what I saw from some of the highlights... lots of messing up by London, along with some good plays but some TD's for other teams that were mostly his fault (Javon Walker TD).

Gotta love seeing how the A-Train runs. He just lowers the shoulders and stiff arms his way to the endzone... best quote I heard "Riding the A-Train to the endzone, TD Bills."

J.P. Losman arm = cannon

J.P. Losman arm = cannon

I have noticed that he can very effortlessly throw the ball about 55 yds.

You all make good points.

Losman does have a cannon, it was said that Green Bay was enamored with him before the draft and would likely select him. we picked him first though and they went on to pick Ahmad Carroll I believe. He has that Favre-esque cannon, where it just seems like it hurts to catch some of his passes. If you can get recievers with good hands who can pul those in, its a great thing, because when Favre had that he didnt throw nearly as many INTs as now, where half his INTS just involve a hard-thrown ball tha bounces off his guys hands into the air, the other half aare just bad decisions at this point. He also seems to have that favre confidence. And I apologize but I dont think its allowable to mention those 2 guys together without saying something about how much JP likes when Brett doesnt wear a shirt. God I wish that story had never ran.

But yes, he can chuck the ball, on the first Evans 83 yarder vs Houston, he gets 7 or 8 man blitzed, which is picked up about as well as that type of thing couldve been by last years line, but hes movin around then with a guy IN HIS FACE launches the ball 55-60 yards downfield OFF HIS BACK FOOT to Lee Evans IN STRIDE. I must've watched that play about 50 times on my DVR.

Hes got an arm, hes mobile and his pocket awareness is improving.

DId any of you guys notice that towards the 2nd half of the year he stopped taking as many of those -12 and -15 yard sacks? I think the mental part is starting to come. He bought a house down the street there off Elmwood , so it seems like hes interested in being our long term answer. I love it, especially with the new line. There may be more true cause for optimism in B-lo now than there has been in a while and it has more to do with JP than anything.

I apologize for that minor dissertation to all whove read it.

Losman does have a cannon, it was said that Green Bay was enamored with him before the draft and would likely select him. we picked him first though and they went on to pick Ahmad Carroll I believe. He has that Favre-esque cannon, where it just seems like it hurts to catch some of his passes. If you can get recievers with good hands who can pul those in, its a great thing, because when Favre had that he didnt throw nearly as many INTs as now, where half his INTS just involve a hard-thrown ball tha bounces off his guys hands into the air, the other half aare just bad decisions at this point. He also seems to have that favre confidence. And I apologize but I dont think its allowable to mention those 2 guys together without saying something about how much JP likes when Brett doesnt wear a shirt. God I wish that story had never ran.

But yes, he can chuck the ball, on the first Evans 83 yarder vs Houston, he gets 7 or 8 man blitzed, which is picked up about as well as that type of thing couldve been by last years line, but hes movin around then with a guy IN HIS FACE launches the ball 55-60 yards downfield OFF HIS BACK FOOT to Lee Evans IN STRIDE. I must've watched that play about 50 times on my DVR.

DId any of you guys notice that towards the 2nd half of the year he stopped taking as many of those -12 and -15 yard sacks? I think the mental part is starting to come. He bought a house down the street there off Elmwood , so it seems like hes interested in being our long term answer. I love it, especially with the new line. There may be more true cause for optimism in B-lo now than there has been in a while and it has more to do with JP than anything.

And when Sherman interviewed here last year for the HC job, he really played up his high degree of confidence in J.P.'s skills and potential. And this coming from an offensive-minded coach.

And when Sherman interviewed here last year for the HC job, he really played up his high degree of confidence in J.P.'s skills and potential. And this coming from an offensive-minded coach.

Im glad we didnt hire him as our coach though, he literally drove GB right into the ground.

If we want to win more than 7 games this year, the D has to improve drastically--particularly the against the run--and we can't miss a beat in the secondary now that Nate is gone. I highly doubt this very much.

I get the feeling we're drafting Hall and Youboty can't be a bust now that he's starting.

the d is only a few key positions away from being better than good. First, a run stopping DT. ive said it like 30 times, but i like Randy Starks. a young, agressive LB, like Willis or Poslusky. lastly, an answer at CB, but we may already have that in Yuboty. So only two things we really need.

J.P. Losman arm = cannon

Canon is great some of the time but not all the time. Infact one of the criticisms of JP in his predraft bio was his canon as touch is also a vital part of playing the positionand might be the one thing that makes Brady such a good QB as he just seems to have great touch on his throw. As JP has to work on his accuracy on short routes in my eyes to become a more complete QB.