Rhodes to visit Buffalo tomorrow

I think lot of people have confused character guy with DUI (what is DWI ?) and arrests....I think Marv Levys idea of character guys are those who play as a team and are committed towards the team. Guys who will give 110% effort.

Bruce Smith got into legal troubles, but on game day, he was not selfish, he played as part of that team....He was a Marv Levy guy.

Marv would have loved to sign back London Fletcher...He was a team first guy, but unfortunately he does not fit in the scheme run by Jauron.

The reason McGahee is considered not a Marv Levy type character are for those reasons. McGahee does not work out in Buffalo during the off season along with his team mates.

If Rhodes fits into the team-first approach (which seemed to be the case in Indy), Marv will definitely consider him.

Maybe you're not old enough, but the old term use to be DWI (driving while intoxicated). I guess I need to get up with the new lingo. I guess I just don't see your logic. "Character" involves the whole person. It is displayed in everything you do. If you only look at what the guy does on the field or in the locker room and turn a blind eye to his other behavior then that is not really taking a players "character" in to the equasion. Marv should say he is looking for talented, hard working, team oriented players. Rhodes probably fits this definition but I'm not sure he is a man of "good character".

• Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

Rhodes also had the added advantage last year of everyone playing back so Peyton Manning didn't torch him. There is no way he would last in Buffalo and Bills fans would be bitter over how much we would have to pay to get him (me included). He is just benefiting from the worst FA RB crop in recent memory. I just finished watching the "short cut" of 4 games last year. McGahee is really needed on this team and A-Train is nothing more than an OK backup. You could really tell a major difference in the game when McGahee was in.

I think lot of people have confused character guy with DUI (what is DWI ?) and arrests....I think Marv Levys idea of character guys are those who play as a team and are committed towards the team. Guys who will give 110% effort.

Bruce Smith got into legal troubles, but on game day, he was not selfish, he played as part of that team....He was a Marv Levy guy.

Marv would have loved to sign back London Fletcher...He was a team first guy, but unfortunately he does not fit in the scheme run by Jauron.

The reason McGahee is considered not a Marv Levy type character are for those reasons. McGahee does not work out in Buffalo during the off season along with his team mates.

If Rhodes fits into the team-first approach (which seemed to be the case in Indy), Marv will definitely consider him.

Good Point.

By the way...if driving after having a few drinks makes you a bad guy....then 98% of our grandfathers aren't character guys. The DWI taboo is a recent phenomenon that has been hardlined by trial attorneys and local governments to increase revenues. Driving with a cellphone is against the law too, but I'm not going to call you an ahole for doing it. That is, unless you hit me.

Rhodes also had the added advantage last year of everyone playing back so Peyton Manning didn't torch him. There is no way he would last in Buffalo and Bills fans would be bitter over how much we would have to pay to get him (me included). He is just benefiting from the worst FA RB crop in recent memory. I just finished watching the "short cut" of 4 games last year. McGahee is really needed on this team and A-Train is nothing more than an OK backup. You could really tell a major difference in the game when McGahee was in.

You nailed it. A-train is just an OK backup. Yeah, DJ likes the guy, but he's not a feature back in this league. I watched him last year and found he wasn't patient enough in allowing holes to develop.