Pats Media have Serious Doubts about LB Adalius Thomas

Agreed - but how does being a good team account for the other team handing you the game?

good teams catch good breaks. sometimes that "break" is a supposedly better team falling apart. did the pats do anything to cause that? no. but they had to be there and still put in a good showing to take advantage of that opportunity.

id say Indy did their best to hand us that game, and we fell just a bit short. we arent at that point yet where we catch breaks like that. but almost there.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You know what? Good teams do lose. It's a known fact. But you go ahead and keep saying it's all on Marty.

Marty is 5-11 in the playoffs and has lost the last 5 playoff games. To paraphrase Parcells, "you are what your [playoff] record is."

And the point was to say that the Pats at best as close to going to the SB again as they were to losing in the 2nd round.

Right. NE should have called the game right then and there when it became apparent SD wasn't playing well. Damn NE! <_<

No you missed it! SD was playing well, so well that the "AWESOME" Patriots were staring at 4th and 13 on a must score drive. Brady(part of your TEAM) throws a pick, and the guy, rather than simply knocking the ball down, picks it off and then rather than going straight down, fumbles. Ummm, where does it say that good TEAMS throw interceptions? Because that was all the Patriots did on that play. They just happened to be standing there when the SD guy made two bad choices in a row. How did the Patriots "find a way to win" other than stand there? Is that finding a way win, or is it standing there? <_<

No you missed it! SD was playing well, so well that the "AWESOME" Patriots were staring at 4th and 13 on a must score drive. Brady(part of your TEAM) throws a pick, and the guy, rather than simply knocking the ball down, picks it off and then rather than going straight down, fumbles. Ummm, where does it say that good TEAMS throw interceptions? Because that was all the Patriots did on that play. They just happened to be standing there when the SD guy made two bad choices in a row. How did the Patriots "find a way to win" other than stand there? Is that finding a way win, or is it standing there? <_<

My team? <_< Where does it say good teams are perfect? By your obvious implication a good team never makes a bad play. As I said before, was NE not supposed to do anything because SD screwed up? Go read Draks post on this page. He explains it rather well.

when the "refriots" turned into the "patriots" and had to play colts straight up they lost. no "tuck rule" BS to bail them this time

2nd year in a row they didn't make the big game. QB that can't keep it in his pants now too .. off-field distractions will hurt the guy. all the "coulda, woulda, shoulda talk" is just that, talk. pats are old news

I hate the pats as much as anyone, but to think that a baby is going to be a distraction is a bit much dont ya think? It has been the best thing that ever happened to me, distraction, maybe, but more of a reason to prove yourself. Seems more of a reason to prove yourself than a distraction. I want to be the best dad I can be, and I can't throw a football like Brady can.

it's not just "pats media" anymore.

SI.com's Don Banks this week had an interesting view of the Ravens from their incredible defense of this decade and looked at ALL of the former Ravens that were very productive in the Ravens system then left as Free Agents and ALL of which ended up as non productive busts and is called the 'Ex-Ravens Factor'.

All previous members of the great team in this early decade have gone on to other teams via FA from the Ravens, and not one player has been anything but below average as Don says including Adalius's ex-teammates 'Hartwell','Sharper','Weaver','Herring','Baxter',' Washington','Dalton,'Burnett' and of course the infamous 'Starks' - Pretty much that makes it since 2000 there were 10 well productive FAs leave from Baltimore - 0 played well on other teams.

Another related article from another writer on the same day says Adalius and the Ravens DC worked great together and if he goes to another team it might be hard to duplicate the type of player he was in Baltimore Since he was raised in their specific system and was used in so many versatile ways just like we do.

SI.com's Don Banks this week had an interesting view of the Ravens from their incredible defense of this decade and looked at ALL of the former Ravens that were very productive in the Ravens system then left as Free Agents and ALL of which ended up as non productive busts and is called the 'Ex-Ravens Factor'.

All previous members of the great team in this early decade have gone on to other teams via FA from the Ravens, and not one player has been anything but below average as Don says including Adalius's ex-teammates 'Hartwell','Sharper','Weaver','Herring','Baxter',' Washington','Dalton,'Burnett' and of course the infamous 'Starks' - Pretty much that makes it since 2000 there were 10 well productive FAs leave from Baltimore - 0 played well on other teams.

Another related article from another writer on the same day says Adalius and the Ravens DC worked great together and if he goes to another team it might be hard to duplicate the type of player he was in Baltimore Since he was raised in their specific system and was used in so many versatile ways just like we do.

I will say it again. The bottom line here if Thomas doesnt' get hurt he is a huge upgrade to what they had (old linebakers). BTW they were 1 minute from going to the Super Bowl with the old linebakers. Also they have the money to blow.

Earlier in this thread, I called Thomas' contract front loaded. Just to correct myself, the contract is actually pretty back loaded according to Peter King:

The breakdown, according to Management Council documents obtained Sunday night:

• Signing bonus: $12 million in 2007.

• Option bonus: $8 million payable in 2008, applied for cap reasons in equal $2 million increments in 2008, 2009, 2010 and 2011.

• Salaries: $900,000 in '07, $900,000 in '08, $1.9 million in '09, $4.9 million in '10 and $5.9 million in '11.

• Workout bonuses: $107,000 annually if he participates in the Patriots' offseason workout program in Foxboro.

• Cap numbers: In succession, beginning this year, $3.4 million, $5.4 million, $6.4 million, $9.4 million, $10.4 million.

:rolleyes:

Back in '01-'02, Ron Borges predicted the Patriots would lose Super Bowl 36 by a score of 73-0.

This kind of crap is his speciality. He's a laughingstock because he always plays the pessimist, and he's always WRONG.

:rolleyes:

MBD...are you him?

Speaking of Borges, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned his latest, um, 'problem'. Seems he hasn't been doing his own work? Tsk.

Broadsheet Bully Ron Borges is down for the count.

Or at least he will be, once the editors of the Boston Globe get wind of this disaster.

Simply note the incredible similarities between his “Football Notes” column in the Boston Globe on Sunday, March 4, and this story written by Mike Sando and published in the News Tribune of Tacoma, Washington, on Feb. 25. The links were sent to us Sunday by a number of alert readers who, well, they had the same reaction you will. They were shocked.

We'll call a spade a spade here: Borges apparently lifted great stretches of his column from a previously published report. The question now is if his editors at the Globe will once again go to bat for him after another ethically malignant tumor of a column.

In the past, the Broadsheet Bully relished tossing his victims into the locker of gridiron analysis. Now, he's stealing their homework and trying to pass it off as his own.

Our conclusion? Borges wants to to get fired.

Borges lifts article from Tacoma News Tribune

Speaking of Borges, I'm surprised you haven't mentioned his latest, um, 'problem'. Seems he hasn't been doing his own work? Tsk.

Yeah, I've heard about that.

Too funny. :rolleyes: It's typical Borges - being an actual journalist is apparently too much work for him, so he resorts to smear campaigns, hit pieces, and plagiarism.

Yeah, I've heard about that.

Too funny. :rolleyes: It's typical Borges - being an actual journalist is apparently too much work for him, so he resorts to smear campaigns, hit pieces, and plagiarism.

He wrote a piece for PFW when Marv was hired as GM. I liked the overall tone, but he messed up a certain easy-to-check fact:

There is a belief in Buffalo that many fine candidates for the GM job were passed over to bring in an octogenarian who badly wanted to get back into the game he walked away from in 1998. That may be true, but the fact is Levy’s final team finished 10-6 and lost an AFC wild-card playoff game to Miami on the road, 24-17.

Fact is, Levy's last year was 1997, and the Bills finished 6-10. Wade coached the team that lost in Miami. I called him on it. His response? "I was aware of when he left but poorly worded what I was saying. It should have read, as you point out, prior to the 1998 season."

Um, yeah. Nice try...

Since 2000, what exactly have the Ravens accomplished to prove that they are great talent evaluators?