So what now?

jahnyc

Are the Bills done with free agency? If so, big needs remain for the draft:

1. LB--even if Crowell moves inside, need a to find a starting LB in the draft. I would guess that the Bills draft at least two LBs in the draft.

2. FB--do we have one on the roster? I guess they could use one of the TEs as an h-back, but does Fairchild's offense require a true FB?

3. CB--still need a cb, maybe a starting cb. Draft in the first or second round?

4. RB--if McGahee is gone, may need to use the first pick on Lynch.

5. DT--I thought Okoye was going to be our pick, but not now since we may need to find starters for LB, CB and RB.

The Fletcher deal seemed fairly reasonable. Maybe should have re-signed Fletcher and not signed Walker? Thoughts?

I was thinking that.....would you rather have Walker or Fletcher?

In the end, I think Marv see's the OLine as being THE key. And now, he has a OLine that is young and will be together for at least 4 years. I think the bigger concern now is extending Losman and Evans.

Yes, it seemed clear that the Bills were not going to bring Fletcher back, particularly with some of the comments from Marv and others.

I assume there is a plan, and if not through free agency, the Bills will address in the draft. They must believe that there are LBs in the draft that can contribute immediately.

Our defense is going to be very young.

The Bills didn't intend to bring Fletch back.

You're right. In his presser, he said that we needed LBs that can attack. Obviously, they thought that LFB wasn't the answer and with the inclusion of Spikes to the trading block, Marv and Co. believe that a healthy Ellison is better than a recovering Spikes. This makes me believe that we are going to pursue Patrick Willis come April 28th, regardless of where Crowell plays.

The Walker Fletcher comparison is an obvious one given contract similarities. But I think that the Bills are planning on being better at *both* RT and MLB. The RT one seems pretty clear. It is now up to them to get a LB better than Fletcher. I really like London and always have, but I'm not sure he is the impact player we need, and that we won't have someone better starting either from a free agent, or now more likely a first round pick like Willis.

Crowell/Willis/Ellison might be a good trio for our D, although I am still a Spikes fan and hope to see him recover and have a great 2007.

I have a feeling we are done in free agency, but who knows. The guaranteed money given Kelsay, Dockery and Walker should have exhausted amounts available this year under the cash to cap restrictions.

Interesting that there has been nothing on planned visits for June (at least from what I have seen).