Someone please help me get excited about Free Agency....

sven233

For the first time in many years, I am not excited at all about Free Agency. I don't know if I have ever felt like this. I do realize that there are many reasons for it, but this is always one of my favorite times of year. But, for some reason I can't get excited at all about Free Agency and that is why I have been pretty quiet around here lately.

I mean, between not signing or even franchising Clements (BIG MISTAKE), signing Kelsay to a REDICULIOUS contract that he doesn't deserve, the whole Cash To the Cap crap, this overall cheap organization, etc, I am just not getting fired up.

It doesn't help that this Free Agent Class isn't very good at all. Aside from 5-10 players, there is hardly anyone worth going after.

I realize that if there is nobody out there to spend money on, then we shouldn't. I would have been very happy if the Bills would have paid Clements and signed Steinbach. Those two players would help this team a great deal this season.

I am not saying we are not going to be players and bring some guys in, but I guess I just will have to see it to believe it. We haven't signed an IMPACT PLAYER since Spikes.

Maybe it is because I see what the Sabres are doing and I look at them as an organization that knows how to do things the right way. I just see the Bills spinning their tires with a lot of distractions along the way (McGahee, Cash To Cap, etc).

Look, I love the Bills with all my heart. They mean soooooo much to me and I just want them to be competitive again. They made great strides last season and it really gave me hope that this season will be the year we finally get a shot in the Playoffs, but with Clements and Fletcher going (so far); we have gotten worse, not better.

I am holding out hope that they finally do improve the offensive line (we all know I have been banging that drum the last 10 years), can replace Clements adequately, have a GREAT draft and move forward as an organization, but it will not be easy.