It's a good thing they fired Williams

The mental toughness of this team is.....uh.....underwhelming? :doh:

We've fallen so far that four games into the season and we're thinking about the offseason. We're advocating the firing of the GM, head coach and offensive coordinator. We've plummeted to the depths of wondering if Gilbride was really the problem.

We truly are BILLSFANONE!

The mental toughness of this team is.....uh.....underwhelming? :doh:

65588[/snapback]

Keeping Williams wouldn't have helped the situation at all. It remains to be seen if TD made the same mistake twice in hiring a coach. Right now, it doesn't look good.

I think there are 2 aspects to this here.

1) TD does not want to hire the guy who will want total control over the team and essentially drive him out of town.

2) TD wants to be the guy who hires the next great rookie coach (ala marvin lewis). He feels his guys can come up and be great coaches and not have the demands that a bill parcells (for instance) would want.

I dont think money alone is the problem, but I think TD wants a guy who he can call his own and not worry about his job. Unfortunatly for him, the coaches he hired might cost him his job in a completely different way.

Hey, I'm asking, not accusing.  Is it valid?

65760[/snapback]

No, I don't think so because there are enough 1st year guys who turn into good coaches, even if they need a year or two to get things moving the right way.

An experienced coach may limit the growing pains, but in the long run things even out.