PFW says we should get a 2nd for McGahee

FightClub

the Bills will find that they cannot get what they deem proper value for McGahee, and in the end will not trade him. just because they are shopping him does not mean that they are going to trade him. 2 years ago, the Colts were shopping Edgerrin James and the Seahawks were shopping Shaun Alexander while they were in their last year before free agency. they were not able to get enough in return to deal them. Alexander went on to league MVP, James rushed for 1500 yards.

this by no means is meant to say the McGahee will do the same, just to say that teams will not break the bank to acquire him. and with free agency looming and an improved offensive line (fingers crossed), McGahee could have a very good year. people forget that he was injured last year for the better part of 4 games that skewed his stats. otherwise, he would have duplicated his 1200 yards from the previous 2 seasons easily.

i can see the Bills looking at a guy like Kenny Irons in the 3rd round, whose value has fallen from a definite 1st rounder or Brandon Jackson if he is still there in the 3rd. if Michael Bush is around at #2, he'd be a possibility, but their top two choices would be better served in shoring up the run defense and O-Line.

I agree. That's why I'm so interested in watching the fall-out from the trade talks. That is, it has to occur to Willis that he is not nearly in as much demand as he thought, which should be a signal for him to be on his best behavior -- as his ultimate goal is still to hit the big payday. I expect the Bills to acquire a RB to challenge Willis REGARDLESS of what his status with the team is. If he sulks and pouts -- that's fine. He'll just muddy his own water. If he does what he needs to do -- and regains some of the passion he showed back in 2004, he'll either find himself franchised or re-signed by the Bills. All of this is just to say that the Bills should NOT take anything less than a Day 1 pick for Willis, even if he and his agent demand a trade. We hold all of the cards in this situation...

Also, if we're going to draft a RB with the pick that we hypothetically acquire for Willis... Why wouldn't that hypothetical trading partner just sit tight and make the same selection. After all, that's what the Cardinals did back in 2005 when we were in talks with them about Travis. Sad for them, that pick (for JJ. Arrington) hasn't worked out.

I think this could happen and Marv might even settle for a 3rd. They keep talking about character guys and JP and Lee Evans both show it. Willis doesn't have the class and more importantly, he doesn't have the heart.

Will the Bills store give a credit to anyone who bought a Willis Jersey last off season? :blink:

1--------------------------------------------Amobe Okoye DT

2--------------------------------------------Justin Blalock OG

2 from Balt (Willis)----------------------Buster Davis ILB

3---------------------------------------------Tony Hunt RB

4---------------------------------------------Steve Smith WR