Safety meeting

inkman

I recently attended a safety meeting that our company holds once a month. To be honest, our facility has given us incentives to complete tasks, such as attending this meeting, so I wasn't there because of my concern for my fellow workers. I will in the future attend these meetings because I can essentially, sit back, relax and enjoy a cup a coffee and I can also learn important information about my fellow co-workers. Like which employees are really just scam artists out for a buck without having to work.

For every "real" accident report we had, there was the questionable variety as well. The Safety Coordinator did not distinguish between the two, but it was obvious which were which. Like "employee reached into panel and touched conduit, after which a tingling sensation was felt." I can understand wanting to report being electricuted. Contrarily, the report that reads: "employee reached for screwdriver and felt a twinge."

I suppose one could feel a twinge when reaching for his screwdriver, but the reality of the situation is that these individuals are constantly complaining about various ailments they incur at work. This in turn increases our injury reports and in the end the company's insurance premiums as well. So, what is the solution? Hoping that the safety coordiantor catches on to their game or taking a more proactive approach regarding said employee?