Anyone know Jacksonville?

udonkey

If so, where should I book hotel rooms for my buddies and I when we go there in 2 weeks for the Daytona 500?

We've ruled out staying in Daytona Beach, since we took too long to book rooms and can't afford the $300-400/night.

We want to get a place in Jacksonville within stumbling distance from a bar district...distance to the beach is irrelevant.

Any insight would be appreciated.

Might be a good option...it would cut our Sunday morning trip in half, but I'm guessing that we'll still get cheaper lodging in J-ville

How much are you looking at? The hotels near Winter Springs/Oviedo (UCF area) are around $100/night. I'd think its worth that tiny bit more to have a shorter drive to Daytona.

How much are you looking at? The hotels near Winter Springs/Oviedo (UCF area) are around $100/night. I'd think its worth that tiny bit more to have a shorter drive to Daytona.

$100/night sounds about right...there are 5 of us, so we'll end up in 2 rooms. Just trying to save as much as possible, as we're already renting a van that we weren't originally planning on (my tailgating van still needs some repairs before its roadworthy again).

We hadn't considered closer to Orlando, but it sounds like a good idea. UCF = college girls :rolleyes: