I guess Billy Belichek is not loved by all

Johnson say coach ignored his condition

Former New England Patriots linebacker Ted Johnson said coach Bill Belichick subjected him to hard hits in practice while he was recovering from a concussion — against the advice of the team's top trainer.

My My...how can this be the case in Oz?

If the advice of the team's trainer was that Johnson "shouldn't be subjected to hard hits," trust me, he wouldn't have been practicing. Is the trainer going to ask the other team on Sunday not to hit Johnson hard? This is rediculous. At the moment, I side with Belichick on this one.

I know there are some exceptions, like practicing light with a sprained ankle, etc. But if you are recovering from a concussion, you don't come back at 75%. You don't play injured with a concussion like you do with other injuries, especially when you play linebacker in the NFL. If I was Billy-boy, and TJ told me he was practicing, I wouldn't hold back on him. The second the trainer said "take it easy," I would have told him to take his pads off right then.

The source of the story is the guy who readily admits he can't remember things. The Pats are shady about letting staffers speak to the media, though...It'd be nice to hear the trainer's side...

If the advice of the team's trainer was that Johnson "shouldn't be subjected to hard hits," trust me, he wouldn't have been practicing. Is the trainer going to ask the other team on Sunday not to hit Johnson hard? This is rediculous. At the moment, I side with Belichick on this one.

I know there are some exceptions, like practicing light with a sprained ankle, etc. But if you are recovering from a concussion, you don't come back at 75%. You don't play injured with a concussion like you do with other injuries, especially when you play linebacker in the NFL. If I was Billy-boy, and TJ told me he was practicing, I wouldn't hold back on him. The second the trainer said "take it easy," I would have told him to take his pads off right then.

The source of the story is the guy who readily admits he can't remember things. The Pats are shady about letting staffers speak to the media, though...It'd be nice to hear the trainer's side...

try reading the article.

Belichek overrode the trainer. He wasn't trying to play at 75%. He should not have been practicing at all- but Bellichek convicned him to play - basically with the threat of not making the team.

You can start to see why Bellichek lies on the injury report every week.

try reading the article.

Belichek overrode the trainer. He wasn't trying to play at 75%. He should not have been practicing at all- but Bellichek convicned him to play - basically with the threat of not making the team.

I read the article obie. How do you know Belichick overrode the trainer? Because yahoo.com said so? Listen, I'm sure there are a few things in the article that are true, and I'm sure there are a few things that are fabricated. It just strikes me as odd that an 11-year veteran, who played a brutal position in a brutal collision sport, is blaming a practice in August 2002 for his forgetfulness, when he went on and played two more full seasons in '03 and '04 on his own accord. That doesn't strike you as odd?

blaming a practice in August 2002 for his forgetfulness, when he went on and played two more full seasons in '03 and '04 on his own accord. That doesn't strike you as odd?

Not really when you put it that way. Is it remotely possible that Johnson didn't realize that he was playing football in '03/'04? Or is it possible that he forgot about the concussion & the August 2002 practice until someone reminded him?

Not really when you put it that way. Is it remotely possible that Johnson didn't realize that he was playing football in '03/'04? Or is it possible that he forgot about the concussion & the August 2002 practice until someone reminded him?

Those all seem like very legit possibilities.

It's a little known fact that Ted Johnson was also managing the Red Sox in 2003, and he meant to take Pedro out in Game 7 at Yankee Stadium. However, by the time he got to the mound, he forgot why he went out there in the first place, so he just patted Pedro on the arm and went back to the dugout.

Those all seem like very legit possibilities.

It's a little known fact that Ted Johnson was also managing the Red Sox in 2003, and he meant to take Pedro out in Game 7 at Yankee Stadium. However, by the time he got to the mound, he forgot why he went out there in the first place, so he just patted Pedro on the arm and went back to the dugout.

Oh sure, go all sarcastic on me why don't you. Everyone knows it was Bellypuke in the dugout that night. He was tired of sharing the spotlight with the Red Sox so he ruined Pedro and ended the Sox run. Ted Johnson didn't have anything to do with that. Message board whores really get under my craw.

try reading the article.

Billy B. is a huge douchebag.