WGR (radio goo goo, radio ga ga) WHINING about the Jumbotron

trolls_r_us

It's funny that they don't see the bigger picture in this project...

For the Bills to be successful in WNY they need to get local business to purchase the luxury suites. I'm sure companies purchasing those suites currently are bringing in clients from other parts of the country who are looking at our stadium and saying "nice, but damn this place seems old" (which it is).

Now you throw up some new tech gadgets (huge HD scoreboard and ribbon scoreboards on the side) and it's going to make the Ralph look like it's part of the 20th century. If these fools don't think that perception doesn't play a role in business deals, recruiting and therefore the purchase of luxury suites, they're crazy.

Not to mention the perception of people all around the country that see our stadium on TV when their team plays here (since we don't get any national games :ph34r:.

I just really don't WHY anyone would be against giving our stadium a facelift that is going to improve people's perception of Buffalo...

We can meet at one the closed county libraries or parks to discuss it. :lol:

I never thought I'd say this, but bring back Chuck Dickerson.

Disagreeable football talk is still football talk. In retrospect, year round football was a unique format (and very Buffalo IMO). Similar to what you might get only in Oklahoma or Nebraska these days.

This is SB week afer all and there is very little football talk. Some people say they do, but I may turn it on at 4-5 different times a day and all they talk about is hockey. So I change it. Talk about it in March/April/May when nothing else is going on around here sports wise. But this is what SB week--is it or isn't it? You would not know around Buffalo. WBEN 930 has more football/Bills talk.

Get Sirius radio: NFL radio 24/7, every show they have is fun and informative to listen to (oops, all but one...that being "Taking it to the House" with Keyshon Johnson, thankfully it's only on once a week). I now listen to more radio than I do watch TV.

To me, it's worth the 13 bucks a week.

You're paying $13 a week for Sirius?? You got rooked :lol:

When I woke up this morning, I was hoping there would be another thread bashing WGR...Thankfully you came through! :lol:

For a group who hates 550, you guys sure listen a lot....

I enjoy parts of their programming. I could listen to Howard Simon all day long. He has always been one of my favorite radio personalities. I just wish they'd dump the afternoon crew. Hell, bring back Brinson baby!

Edit: And for clarification, the reason I don't care for Schopp anymore, is how rude and dismissive he can be with callers. Yeah, I'm sure they get tired of hearing the same people call in with silly opinions or comments, but he just gets too high and mighty with people.

Example: Yesterday they were asking for people to call in with their opinions about who they would like to see the Sabres matched up against or avoid in the first round of the playoffs. At least once they phrased the question as "call in and let us know is there someone you want the Sabres to play in the first round..."

Some dude called and said he really had no preference as he felt the Sabres were good enough to take on anyone in the 1st round. A reasonable opinion, and it answered their question. They wanted to know "is there someone" and the guys answer was "no there is not, and here is why...". But before he had a chance to fully explain his position, which ostensibly may have been more than "the Sabres are good" Schopp disconnected him and then went on to berate him for not calling in with anything of substance.