One Reason to pull for the Colts:

pdh1

[quote name='Bills Fan888' date='Jan 28 2007, 12:52 AM' post='901684'}

During the All Star game in Philadelphia fans boo'd Kobe Bryant (who is from Philly and whose dad played for the Sixers) every time he touched the ball and especially when he was presented with the All Star MVP trophy.

This is sadly true, but every time Satan touched the puck this year we booed the hell out of him.

But it's in bad taste when you refer to something that took many lives as a joke. There was a news report on classless Bears fans a week ago here, and this one guy went up to Chicago, and a Bears fan in a crowd told him "If you think Katrina was bad, just wait until kickoff".....And the whole crowd walked away laughing before the guy could even mention he lost everything he owns including his wife and daughter in the disaster.

You can pick on me because of my team, my city, my race, or my weight, but if I would have been in Chicago and came across this dude with that sign, i'd have been in jail and he'd be breathing through tubes for a long time. If the rest of the country feels what we went through over the past year, and will be for many years to come is a joke, then #@$$ you.

Ya... Right... New Orleans, the city that is, even laughs at itself up here... There are billboards along Chicago expressways that say:

"New Orleans... Dry? We were never dry."

I guess they want tourism down there fueled by northern dollars... Not so sensitive when it comes to wanting those dollars to return, eh?...

So, yes maybe tourism ad signs up here are a little bit more tasteful... But, why the double standard?

No fans are worse than the people from the "City of Brotherly Love."

In Dec. '68 the Eagles fans booed Santa Clause and pelted him with snowballs at halftime

The Santa's beard was falling off exposing his dark beard underneath and his suit was dirt-covered. I would have thrown them too.

They threw batteries at St. Louis Cardinals outfielder J.D. Drew because he didn't sign with the Phillies.

JD Drew was a prick. He refused to sign one of the highest contracts ever offered. Batteries are never acceptable projectiles but I've seen Bills fans throw bottles and iceballs PLENTY of times. My mom once got hit with a full cup of beer intended for Bryan Cox. So big deal. No worse than Eagles fans on this one.

Darren Daulton helped the Phillies get to a World Series in 1993. That didn't stop the Philly fans from booing his son on father-son day at the ballpark.

Never heard this one.

During the All Star game in Philadelphia fans boo'd Kobe Bryant (who is from Philly and whose dad played for the Sixers) every time he touched the ball and especially when he was presented with the All Star MVP trophy.

Do you even follow basketball or sports? Kobe Bryant is hated almost everywhere he goes--maybe nowhere more than Philly. It's not his hometown and he never says he was from Philly, before or after the booing. I would have booed too.

Philadelphia fans cheered for 20 full minutes while the Cowboys' Michael Irvin lay injured on the Veteran's Stadium turf and cheered louder after the medical staff signaled for the ambulance. Irvin's neck injury ended his career.

WAY overexagerated. I saw the whole thing. They cheered when he was down on the field. (Again, seen this at Bills games too.) Then they stopped. In no way did the cheering last 20 minutes.

Matthew Scott, the only person in the United States to have received a hand transplant, was asked by the Phillies to throw out the ceremonial first pitch at the team's home opener in 1999. The pitch, from his transplanted hand, dribbled over the plate. The fans booed.

Never heard of this either.

Eagles fans in Section 700 of the old Vet were notorious for beating up fans of other teams.

Seen plenty of fights at RWS when it was Rich Stadium. Many involved entire sections.

The Vet had a court room where fans could be tried and potentially jailed ON SITE

Big deal. Most places have a lockup in the stadium. The Phillies just put a small courtroom down there for the sake of efficiency.

Last year in the playoffs J.P. Dumont was speared in the stomach by Flyers defenceman Denis Gauthier. The Flyers fans cheered the whole time Dumont was down.

Nobody is worse than the Philly fan.

Again, seen this in Buffalo too.

Philly fans are dedicated folks. I love Philly games and their fans. They are a little rougher than Bills fans but not by as much as you think.