Now That Ticket Prices Have Been Raised

in free agency. It is going to get very ugly if he does not open the wallet up after raising the price per ticket following ANOTHER non playoff year. I hope he knows what he is doing!! Although it is still the cheapest ticket in the league, it is still one of the worst products.

If he wants fans to open up the wallet, he had better be ready to do the same.

He won't make a splash. If you add it up a $5 average ticket price x 72000 tickets x 10 games is less than $5 million in additional revenue, or the rough equivalent of Larry Tripplett's signing bonus.

I am not expecting him to rely on the ticket price to pay for players, I am expecting him to make sure the product is upgraded. He still makes close to 20 mill each year in profits and it does not make sense to raise the price if the product is not improved. What does that say to the fans - here, pay more and get the same old non playoff crap year after year.

Give up the name of the stadium and call it even after some corporation pays millions for naming rights.

in free agency. It is going to get very ugly if he does not open the wallet up after raising the price per ticket following ANOTHER non playoff year. I hope he knows what he is doing!! Although it is still the cheapest ticket in the league, it is still one of the worst products.

Have you heard of places like Detroit, Arizona, Oakland?

Those fans would love to have an organisation like the Bills or atleast the Bills success (even though there hasn't been much)

The tickets were raised because, like every year, the NFL continues to grow and the prices go up. The Bills have the cheapest tickets in the league, so to now say that because he raised prices $5 a ticket, he muct put a better product on the field is stupid. I think that is the idea every year. Spend what you can afford to put the best product on the field to win games and keep the fans coming back.

Its not like Ralph sits in his office counting stacks of Hundreds all day while the coaching staff and front office huddle around burning garbage cans begging for change to put a team on the field

Extremely reasonable pricing--in fact it is probably too little which makes it good for the fans. Go to any other NFL city and expect to pay much much more for the same seat.

I would hope Ralph makes at least some splash in free agency--Briggs would be nice. But they also should keep Clements. Even if they could not come up with all the millions of bonus money immediately they could still pay him guaranteed money which is all they care about.

Have you heard of places like Detroit, Arizona, Oakland?

Those fans would love to have an organisation like the Bills or atleast the Bills success (even though there hasn't been much)

The tickets were raised because, like every year, the NFL continues to grow and the prices go up. The Bills have the cheapest tickets in the league, so to now say that because he raised prices $5 a ticket, he muct put a better product on the field is stupid. I think that is the idea every year. Spend what you can afford to put the best product on the field to win games and keep the fans coming back.

Its not like Ralph sits in his office counting stacks of Hundreds all day while the coaching staff and front office huddle around burning garbage cans begging for change to put a team on the field

Have you ever heard of reading what I wrote - I said ONE of the worst products in the league not the worst

The fans have a responsibility to show up. Otherwise STFU.

PTR

Wow, so insightful - do you always have this kind of etiquette when dealing with opinions? Get a grip punk....

My apologies for the "STFU". It was meant for fans in the general sense, not you personally. By the way, at $46, the Bills average ticket price is still $20 less than the NFL average! We have it good.

PTR

My apologies for the "STFU". It was meant for fans in the general sense, not you personally. By the way, at $46, the Bills average ticket price is still $20 less than the NFL average! We have it good.

PTR

Accepted. And I do agree with you - I will continue to pay whatever it takes for season tickets year after year - the problem is that many others (who are on the fringe) will want to see upgrades before spending even MORE $$

It is going to get very ugly if he does not open the wallet up after raising the price per ticket following ANOTHER non playoff year.

Fans of the team with the cheapest tickets in the league have no right to complain. Either buy the cheapest tickets in the league or don't complain when the team moves. Buffalo doesn't have a God-given right to have an NFL team forever.

It's not Ralph Wilson's fault there is so little money in this area. Western New York has spent decade after decade running itself into the ground while other cities and regions have built themselves up. With some creativity I think the Bills could market themselves much better in the region and survive but when fans are whining about the lowest ticket prices in the league, you have to wonder why the league wouldn't want the team to start over someplace that makes more sense economically and in terms of population.

Id bet this...

If Ralph and Marv dont sit down and figure out a logical plan to turn this thing into a playoff team then 5-6 games may be blackouts. I think the fans are a little tired of this same crap from this team. I love Ralph and thank him everyday for keeping the Bills here but he is too old to own this team. New game, New league, different type of business people running the shows. People ran to the Sabres and they sold out before the second half of the season. The Sabres use to only sell out a couple of games before the end of the football season. Ralph dont open his wallet and lets our FA's walk, lines will start forming at HSBC in July.....

Id bet this...

If Ralph and Marv dont sit down and figure out a logical plan to turn this thing into a playoff team then 5-6 games may be blackouts. I think the fans are a little tired of this same crap from this team. I love Ralph and thank him everyday for keeping the Bills here but he is too old to own this team. New game, New league, different type of business people running the shows. People ran to the Sabres and they sold out before the second half of the season. The Sabres use to only sell out a couple of games before the end of the football season. Ralph dont open his wallet and lets our FA's walk, lines will start forming at HSBC in July.....

and with 2100 people on the waiting list for Sabres Season tickets, they aren't going to get far in line at HSBC

Its been said here many times before, people have a hotpocket mentality these days. They want results now, and will not wait. (and don't start with the 7 years since a playoff game BS, cause the current regime had no control over that) They are going into year 2 of a rebuilding process with a new coach and gm