lets try to get Samuel if we can't keep Clements

roy875

For continuityand team spirit sake I prefer to keep Nate if he wants to stay BUT.....

I think head 2 head Samuel may be better in coverage than Nate, better hands and more picks lately, I think he is younger, and we would be stealing him from the Pats (double bonus)

It is worth a thought, and haven't seen it mentioned.

Yeaaah, it's good to dream. But if anything (and this will sound weird) I think Samuel's play actually makes Clements stock go down. In fact, it may end up helping us to keep Nate. If the perception is that Samuel is "the best CB out there" then that means NC is not. Everyone knows that the best should get the best contract. But what does #2 get? If Nate is not the hottest FA out there at his position, I wonder what that will mean. Let's say the Redskins, Cowboys(and the rest of the big $ usual suspects) go after Samuel, that whole thing kinda leaves good ole' Nate out in the cold as a "me too". I dunno, that may mean he is easier to sign back - but of course it may not.

Yeaaah, it's good to dream. But if anything (and this will sound weird) I think Samuel's play actually makes Clements stock go down. In fact, it may end up helping us to keep Nate. If the perception is that Samuel is "the best CB out there" then that means NC is not. Everyone knows that the best should get the best contract. But what does #2 get? If Nate is not the hottest FA out there at his position, I wonder what that will mean. Let's say the Redskins, Cowboys(and the rest of the big $ usual suspects) go after Samuel, that whole thing kinda leaves good ole' Nate out in the cold as a "me too". I dunno, that may mean he is easier to sign back - but of course it may not.

Good points. You may be right.

havent seen it mentioned when? cause its all anyone talked about 2 weeks ago. but now after this post season im hoping Samuel is the top CB FA.

Sorry must have missed it!----I was in a Holiday cave or something. Topics do tend to come and go quickly around here. Except willis that is. He is the "JP sucks" for the new year.

It would be nice if Samuel takes out the highest bidder and distracts the others so we have a better shot with Nate. Maybe it will give NC some motivation to play more and self-hype less. However, that would be an average Joe's reaction, not a primadonna football stars......

As long as the pats lose him I'll be happy

havent seen it mentioned when? cause its all anyone talked about 2 weeks ago. but now after this post season im hoping Samuel is the top CB FA.

Sorry must have missed it!----I was in a Holiday cave or something. Topics do tend to come and go quickly around here. Except willis that is. He is the "JP sucks" for the new year.

lol, that was more of a shot at everyone who was talking about it, than at you. i definitely dont expect people to keep up to date with the latest and greatest "ideas". :blink:

lol, that was more of a shot at everyone who was talking about it, than at you. i definitely dont expect people to keep up to date with the latest and greatest "ideas". :blink:

The funny part is I thought I had a novel idea to share. Dough!

Hmmm.

Unfortunately- there will be more than one team looking for a top corner in free agency.

With so many teams with a ton of money to spend you can expect both Clements and Samuels to get paid big time.

It's really not an either/or thing.

This thread had alot of wishfull thinking going on.