WR moves this offseason

I think

Evans stays

Price stays unless someone else is found to replace him as a #2

Reed stays (could be an emergency RB if needed since he has played the position before)

Roscoe stays even if its only for returning punts

Davis should be resigned and kept as a 5th or 6th reciever and used primarily on ST

Aiken can go if someone else is brought in

I think they should bring in someone to compete with Price for the #2 either by draft or FA, and Wilson is moved up to be the #6 letting Aiken go.

Then another TE is brought in to replace Neufeld and we run 2 TE sets with Royal and the new TE, thats where you get the largeer target for JP. Cieslak is kept as a backup TE and backup fullback

I think we have a decent Receiver core, but what concerns me is that if Evans, Price, Reed, or Parrish gets injured do we really trust Aiken or Davis to be a legimate #4 receiver? What happens if two of our guys get injured. I'll trust Aprils' judgement, but am I the only one who is concerned by that?

I think we have a decent Receiver core, but what concerns me is that if Evans, Price, Reed, or Parrish gets injured do we really trust Aiken or Davis to be a legimate #4 receiver? What happens if two of our guys get injured. I'll trust Aprils' judgement, but am I the only one who is concerned by that?

You can play the what if X or Y get injured at any position. What if JP gets injured? What if Peters and Fowler get injured? Schobel and Kelsay?

You can't plan your team around what-if injuries. You draft and sign players who are durable and then you hope for the best.

the Bills were 7-9

I don't think anybody is not expendable

Ludicrous, man. Evans is not expendable, Schobel is not expendable, Losman is not expendable unless any of these are for a great value trade and deemed unsignable in the long term for the Bills.

You don't trade away your future or your big producers unless they are on the decline.

You can play the what if X or Y get injured at any position. What if JP gets injured? What if Peters and Fowler get injured? Schobel and Kelsay?

You can't plan your team around what-if injuries. You draft and sign players who are durable and then you hope for the best.

As for this, you do, to some extent. Otherwise your #2 QB wouldn't have to be any better than your #3. You do have to plan somewhat. Where you're right is in indicating that your backup plan is never going to be as good as your plan A. That's why it's a backup plan.

If there's a better backup plan than Davis at a fatter contract or an Aiken who has only ever impressed on ST, I am all for it.

Very interesting UFA. I was pushing for him in early rounds (along with Jason Whitten) out of college. He is perhaps one of the most talented atheletes I've ever seen at the college level. While playing WR he was also the best quarterback Tennessee had. I think we could do a lot worse than make a run at him. He'd solve that so-called number 2 receiver problem.

I've been trying to sell 'em to the Bills for a couple of years. ;)

That 3rd round comp pick onus is gone. The big IF is he can successfully rebound from a bad injury. If so, he's quite a package. He did ST duty, and he pounded folks. B'gals meanwhile have a WR what-to-do. Chris Henry is either a super WR or a bum, plus his off-field shenanigans. Tab Perry is a nice find, very decent KR and versatile WR, but went down early with a severely injured hip.

My guess is that they won't try to keep Washington. He will likely end up too pricey for them, and they have some up-and-coming players. Keeping Palmer well-fed with decent wr's is job #1 with that club.

PS - if the B'gals somehow let TE Reggie Kelly escape, Bills should grab 'em. Hands, blocking, ideal H-back. He was the player ATL picked before the Bills drafted Price.

Ludicrous, man. Evans is not expendable, Schobel is not expendable, Losman is not expendable unless any of these are for a great value trade and deemed unsignable in the long term for the Bills.

You don't trade away your future or your big producers unless they are on the decline.

If there is someone better available to you, then yes they are expendable. The team was 7-9 its not like they are one player away from a SB win. Sure some players you aren't looking at replacing like the guys you mentioned, but if someone better was knocking at the door to get in you don't pass them up

For example. If Drew Brees or Tom Brady right now had no contract and came to the Bills saying they would like to sign with them for around what JP's making, do you pass him up?

I'm not talking about taking Brady Quinn in the draft becasue he falls to #12 because he is not a proven player in the NFL yet, he only has potential to be better, I'm talking about a proven player who is better then what the Bills have came knocking on Marvs door

If there is someone better available to you, then yes they are expendable. The team was 7-9 its not like they are one player away from a SB win. Sure some players you aren't looking at replacing like the guys you mentioned, but if someone better was knocking at the door to get in you don't pass them up

For example. If Drew Brees or Tom Brady right now had no contract and came to the Bills saying they would like to sign with them for around what JP's making, do you pass him up?

I'm not talking about taking Brady Quinn in the draft becasue he falls to #12 because he is not a proven player in the NFL yet, he only has potential to be better, I'm talking about a proven player who is better then what the Bills have came knocking on Marvs door

When you talk about Evans being expendable, you are basically talking about 3-6 top-flight receivers coming 'knocking on our door' before that happens. That's a joke.

I've been trying to sell 'em to the Bills for a couple of years. ;)

That 3rd round comp pick onus is gone. The big IF is he can successfully rebound from a bad injury. If so, he's quite a package. He did ST duty, and he pounded folks. B'gals meanwhile have a WR what-to-do. Chris Henry is either a super WR or a bum, plus his off-field shenanigans. Tab Perry is a nice find, very decent KR and versatile WR, but went down early with a severely injured hip.

My guess is that they won't try to keep Washington. He will likely end up too pricey for them, and they have some up-and-coming players. Keeping Palmer well-fed with decent wr's is job #1 with that club.

PS - if the B'gals somehow let TE Reggie Kelly escape, Bills should grab 'em. Hands, blocking, ideal H-back. He was the player ATL picked before the Bills drafted Price.

Washington's long intrigued me too. I was wondering why no one picked him up last offseason but obviously the 3rd rounder made the difference. Injury will be a big factor. But it seems like the Bills are hot on giving second chances to players who have been humbled. Washington would be worth inviting to our camp, and sooner than later -- like a helping hand with a lot of interest, first day of free agency, rather than waiting around for the best price. Sometimes that kind of interest when you've been in a team's doghouse can turn a career around.

Washington's long intrigued me too. I was wondering why no one picked him up last offseason but obviously the 3rd rounder made the difference. Injury will be a big factor. But it seems like the Bills are hot on giving second chances to players who have been humbled. Washington would be worth inviting to our camp, and sooner than later -- like a helping hand with a lot of interest, first day of free agency, rather than waiting around for the best price. Sometimes that kind of interest when you've been in a team's doghouse can turn a career around.

It always pays to keep the door open. The Bills certainly did well in times past, with the likes of Frank Lewis and James Lofton.

When you talk about Evans being expendable, you are basically talking about 3-6 top-flight receivers coming 'knocking on our door' before that happens. That's a joke.

Wow, your taking what I said way to seriously, I'm not advocating it, nor am I saying its going to happen

I'm just saying, this team was not one player away from a SB run filled with Pro Bowlers, so every player can be replaced. Some might be harder to replace then others. But as long as there is someone better out there, a player is always replacable.

For example. Lets say back in the day, Jerry Rice came knocking at the Bills door after one of the Super Bowl looses and was begging the Bills GM to sign him as their #1 receiver for the amount they currently pay the #1 receiver. Would you turn him down just because we already have Reed as a #1? I doubnt you would find many that would. Therefore Reed is expendable

Wow, your taking what I said way to seriously, I'm not advocating it, nor am I saying its going to happen

I'm just saying, this team was not one player away from a SB run filled with Pro Bowlers, so every player can be replaced. Some might be harder to replace then others. But as long as there is someone better out there, a player is always replacable.

For example. Lets say back in the day, Jerry Rice came knocking at the Bills door after one of the Super Bowl looses and was begging the Bills GM to sign him as their #1 receiver for the amount they currently pay the #1 receiver. Would you turn him down just because we already have Reed as a #1? I doubnt you would find many that would. Therefore Reed is expendable

And I don't get what you're saying. In an uncapped era if this happened we'd keep Reed AND bring in Rice. Enough balls from Kelly to go to both of those two. You're operating in some fantasy world where the best of all time happen upon us for peanuts, and then saying this means our stars are expendable. It's nonsense.