Are Antonio Pittman and Anthony Gonzalez big time material

bartshan-83

Pittman and Gonzalez

I know this is somewhat old news, but where do Bucks fans see these guys going? I loved what I saw of Pittman but I figured he could use another year. Are these guys all bolting because they are afraid the offense will be sht without Troy and Teddy?

Gonzalez, it's probably a good move to make the jump. Not that he's ready for the NFL, just that I can't imagine his stock would be higher next year. He's been playing next to a college superstar in Ginn, and had a Heisman-winner QB throwing to him. He probably feels like no matter what, next year would be a down year for him. I was always pretty impressed by him...He finds a way to get open.

It reminds me of when St. Joe's had that incredible year in hoops, with Jameer Nelson, when they were a buzzer beater away from the Final Four. I believe Delonte West was a sophomore on that team, and played pretty well in his role, much like Gonzalez did at Ohio State. West probably wasn't NBA-ready at that time, but he entered the draft because he knew his stock would never be higher. He ended up getting picked late in the 1st round by the Celtics.

Pittman, I don't know. I honestly haven't seen enough of him to make a fair assessment. He probably feels the same way- if there's going to be an inexperienced QB and young wideouts on the OSU offense, opposing D's are going to gang up on him. If you play RB and you have ANY opportunity to go pro, I always think you should do it. With the amount of shots you take in a season, injury can happen at any time, and you're much more exposed to injury than other positions. You might as well at least get that signing bonus before you tear your knee up...

Pittman and Gonzalez

I know this is somewhat old news, but where do Bucks fans see these guys going? I loved what I saw of Pittman but I figured he could use another year. Are these guys all bolting because they are afraid the offense will be sht without Troy and Teddy?

Gonzalez is a smart youngster...a 4.0 - type. He agonized about declaring for the pros'. To my view, he's a hard worker - sort of in the Wayne Cherbet mold. Has good speed, moves, etc., and comes back into play to help out a QB.

Pittman is a decent rb. Seems to block ok, and has good wheels.

I'd guess those two, and QB Smith, C Doug Datish and DT Quinn Pitcock are under good consideration by several pro clubs.

Worrying about the team weakening isn't a factor - it's been common for OSU juniors to turn pro. They traditionally have a large talent base to pick replacements from.

"Ohio State notebook

Offense might take hit in draft; Underclassmen are considering heading to NFL

BY RUSTY MILLER | THE ASSOCIATED PRESS

Three Buckeyes left early a year ago for the NFL, with two taken in the first round (defensive back Donte Whitner and wide receiver Santonio Holmes) and another in the third (defensive back Ashton Youboty).

Twenty-two Ohio State players have left school early to be a part of the draft since 1992. The list includes some of the most productive Buckeyes in the NFL: Dan Wilkinson, Terry Glenn, Shawn Springs, Orlando Pace, Nate Clements and Chris Gamble..."

http://news.enquirer.com/apps/pbcs.dll/art...12160387/-1/all

• 2 weeks later...

Pittman looks like he'll be a good one, but the RB I think could end up being a steal for someone is Tony Hunt of PENN STATE. Yeah, yeah, I'm a fan, but this guy really is a great prospect. He runs very hard, is quite physical, can break tackles, is good in the open field, and is a capable receiver. If he doesn't wow everyone in workouts and @ the combine, he'll be a steal for someone. If he does, he could move into the late first/early second round (doubtful, but you never know). I say this because Pittman is a lot like Hunt, though he's better in the open field and can make people miss better than Hunt.

Pittman looks like he'll be a good one, but the RB I think could end up being a steal for someone is Tony Hunt of PENN STATE. Yeah, yeah, I'm a fan, but this guy really is a great prospect. He runs very hard, is quite physical, can break tackles, is good in the open field, and is a capable receiver. If he doesn't wow everyone in workouts and @ the combine, he'll be a steal for someone. If he does, he could move into the late first/early second round (doubtful, but you never know). I say this because Pittman is a lot like Hunt, though he's better in the open field and can make people miss better than Hunt.

I've been touting Hunt the last few weeks. I'd love to see us grab him in the 3rd but with his Senior Bowl workouts he might not be available that late.

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.