One thing is clear

Dan

The Colts' line is one first round pick a decade ago and a bunch of late picks and street free agents. Is that what you propose we do?

I can't answer how you get there, but I am always amazed at how well the Colts O-line plays. I wish ours could be that good!

Why? We both know how much cap room exists?

Do you think it to be etched in stone that Mr. Wilson will refuse to spend any money and keep this team 35-40 million dollars under the cap, because if you are right, this really sucks.

I was never one to advocate throwing big money away on bad football players, but if a guy can really help us (Clements, Steinbach, etc.) and the money is there, this can be a playoff team, and I am taklking about next season.

I agree with you Bill, but yes, I'm afraid Ralph won't have the money to compete with the big market teams for free agents. I see the Bills re-signing our own FAs except for Clements and Fletcher and then signing a DT like Ian Scott. That should take us to about 20 million under the cap and I believe that's as far as we'll go. I hope they have more $$$ available than that, though.

The Colts' line is one first round pick a decade ago and a bunch of late picks and street free agents. Is that what you propose we do?

I propose that we need to find them from wherever they may be hiding; whether they be UFA or 7th round picks, 1st round picks or whatever. Bottom line: a solid line paves the way for year's of success. Concentrate offseason efforts there first. Then, and only then, do you concern yourself with something like a RB that can be gotten almost any offseason or a WR.