How good is our O-line?

Peter

I think the problem right now is the entire right side. Fowler might not be a Pro Bowler, but he is good enough, the Bills just need more experience on that right side. Some competition at RT and RG won't hurt next season, too bad Reyes didn't have a falling out with the coaching staff, that could have been one less spot to worry about

I'm sorry, but you and some others got to be kidding. Basically you are saying that you would be happy with the current line except for inserting Reyes back replacing Duke. This line needs two big nasty guards who pile-drive the tackles into submission (at least some of the time)--especially if light-butt Fowler is going to stick around. Reuben Brown was that kind of nasty pile-driver--except for the stupid penalties. This line currently opens NO holes whatsoever--it was all on Willis to power his way for all the extra yardage. I'm sick of seeing him run into a muddled mass of bodies two yards behind the line of scrimmage and stretching and scratching his way back to the line of scrimmage. This line with Reyes will suck!

Let's stop the denial and replace our guards. We'll have to go with Pennington as he might turn out to be more than just ok. Keep Gandy for depth. Damn it.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Fowler and I have issues with bagging him and other OL misfits for chemistry's sake. Barring injuries I think we can expect to see basically the same line next year with an improvment at RG and that's it.

Peters- he's in

Gandy- referred to by JP as the leader of the bunch rendering him non-expendable

Fowler- very smart and wiley (and has established a chess playing raport with JP)

Pennington- will experience his big rookie to second year leap and with his size I think that could be very promising.

So major upgrades to the line, in my opinion, are neither evident or neccesary. Expect to see a couple of mid-rate inside guys but aside from that, I for one, hope to see some familiar faces come September.

I too think this will happen. I think Gandy looks better than he is playing next to Peters. However, a guy like Diehlman may help Pennington take a big leap. If anyone is upgraded, I think thats where it could be.

I'm sorry, but you and some others got to be kidding. Basically you are saying that you would be happy with the current line except for inserting Reyes back replacing Duke. This line needs two big nasty guards who pile-drive the tackles into submission (at least some of the time)--especially if light-butt Fowler is going to stick around. Reuben Brown was that kind of nasty pile-driver--except for the stupid penalties. This line currently opens NO holes whatsoever--it was all on Willis to power his way for all the extra yardage. I'm sick of seeing him run into a muddled mass of bodies two yards behind the line of scrimmage and stretching and scratching his way back to the line of scrimmage. This line with Reyes will suck!

Let's stop the denial and replace our guards. We'll have to go with Pennington as he might turn out to be more than just ok. Keep Gandy for depth. Damn it.

well thanks for your opinion, but your not following what I am saying. I never said the line would be much better with Reyes, I'm just saying its too bad we couldn't have seen what it would have looked like in the current formation with him in there playing RG instead of having a right side thats trying to learn the game. The line played much better after the moves at the Bye week, theres no need to blow the entire line up, chemistry is also a main factor in building a line.

It would be great if the Bills could have the entire Pro Bowl offensive line from this year playing for them next year, but its not going to happen. I would be happy with a line similar to what we had this year with an upgraded right side.

And I thought Willis's problem was that he sucks, not the o-line?