Coach Knight gets win 880

millbank

Coach Knight most wins 880

The crowd already was on its feet and the cheers turned louder. Knight did a television interview, then My Way by Frank Sinatra blared, a not-so-subtle reminder of Knight's personal and professional credo.

Soon, red confetti fell and a ceremony began. Knight singled out Alan Voskuil, who made a key play down the stretch, then tapped the chin of forward Mike Prince, the player who Knight made contact with in a game earlier this season, and then motioned to his wife, Karen, to join him on the court.

"The first 15 minutes of the game was Karen's game plan," he said of his wife, a former high school coach. "The rest of it was mine, unfortunately. I just say thank you."

First, let me say that I hate that hypocritical SOB.

Second, he does know how to get the most out of his teams. I saw some interesting stats regarding he and Smith this AM. Smith coached 12 NBA all stars and 4 HOFers, compared to 4 and 1 for Knight. You may need to factor in strength of schedule among other things, but this tells me he did more with less.

I am a fan of Coach Knight. He is the best college basketball coach ever, IMO.

Did the record mean something to him? Yes, but I think he realized it only after it was over. Not like John Feinstein says, that the only reason he's out there in Lubbock is to set the record. He just signed on for another four years.

Bob Knight just loves to coach. It's what he was born to do. Many of his players have said as much over the years. And, his players graduate. That is the most important thing of all.

I am a fan of Coach Knight. He is the best college basketball coach ever, IMO.

Did the record mean something to him? Yes, but I think he realized it only after it was over. Not like John Feinstein says, that the only reason he's out there in Lubbock is to set the record. He just signed on for another four years.

Bob Knight just loves to coach. It's what he was born to do. Many of his players have said as much over the years. And, his players graduate. That is the most important thing of all.

I have a problem with him because he preaches personal accountability for everyone, but takes none himself. Is he a good coach? Yes. Is he a good human being? No.

My wife and I disagree on him. She's all for what he does and likens him to Patton. For me that comparison doesn't even begin to work.