Some free agents to solve some problems

PIZ

First, draft Patrick Willis LB in the first round. Draft Brian Leonard RB in the 2nd round.

FREE AGENTS:

Kelley Washington - WR - Cincinatti

Kris Dielman - RG - San Diego

Ian Scott - DT - Chicago

Aaron Smith - DE - Pittsburgh

Any thoughts?

First, draft Patrick Willis LB in the first round. Draft Brian Leonard RB in the 2nd round.

FREE AGENTS:

Ian Scott - DT - Chicago

Any thoughts?

washington - injury riddled under-achiever........slipped in the draft due to character as well, which i'm sure has improved dramatically after 4 years with the inmates known collectively as the bengals.........i'd say pass

dielman - would be a great sign, as his blue collar style would fit well in our offense.......however, will be in demand and could garner 5M/year.......i'd give it a run, but can't see us winning that battle

scott - he is the guy i like.........he's the kind of young space eater we need, who also has some hops to fit our defense......i also like terdell sands from oakland a lot as well to fill that role

smith - he's a 3-4 DE, always has been......how does he fit into our D?

Dielman would be a great addition, but I think he will be really expensive, particularly since the other highly rated guard to be a free agent (Manuwai), was re-signed by the Jags.

what about steinbach? he's better then both (and much more expensive)

FREE AGENTS:

Ian Scott - DT - Chicago

Any thoughts?

Yea Kelly washington I'm not sure about. Especially coming from the "Angel" like team of the Bengals, I dont think Marv would go after him. Dielman would be good but I'd guess he'd get re-signed by San Diego to keep their line intact after such a good season by LT. Ian Scott I'd rather not look at. If he was any good, he'd be making a diffference for the Bears right now but I think he's just a product of being around Tommy Harris. Aaron Smith could be a good addition but I think we need to focus on the DT position first for the d-line.

If leonard is there in the 2nd round I'd take him. I wouldnt go LB in the first. I'd see who else is available and if there's a standout G or DT or CB (that could step in right away) I'd go there. If not, maybe trade down for extra draft picks??...

:censored:

I'd definetly give it a look for Aaron Smith, although i agree with the poster above, but i think if a guy like Aaron Smith is in our price range we definetly need to look into it, he is an up and coming player. And a upgrade over Kelsay or Denney. I don't know how much he will demand.

On Ian Scott... why?? That's like getting another Larry Tripplett. I like Tripplett but people bash me for saying that Tripplett is solid and unless we make a huge spash like a huge FA or high draft pick, i don't think we should really go after DT help but a guy like Ian Scott wouldn't really solve much. The guy is a backup like Tripplett was and Tripplett was a better backup for the Colts then Scott is for the Bears. And he plays for the Bears, who have an outstanding defensive line. Stay away from Scott.... hopefully Levy won't do that mistake.