My observations from the game

stevewin

- Vince Young is a stud. If I was Fisher I would just roll him out every play. Every time he left the pocket you could see all the linebackers and the secondary just freeze/hesitate for a second to try to account for him taking off - and in the process expose themselves to both him passing and running. He always seemed confident and in control.

- Aside from getting rolled in the run game, the DL didn't to anything to put pressure or (to me it seemed) even minimally contain (which I would have thought would have been a priority going into the game). The Titans did do

a good job though of chipping Schoebel many times with multiple people to get him of his game.

- The option pass play call was brilliant. It was set up perfectly by a couple wide receiver screens earlier in the game. It was one of those plays you wait all year for just the right time to unleash. Of course - it is also one of those plays where if it gets blown up everyone says how stupid you are for pulling a 'mularky'.

- It doesn't excuse it - but to me Royal not getting his feet in on the option really boils down to him primarily being a blocking TE up until this year. I think him not getting his feet in was mostly simply a result of him lacking experience/savvy as a receiver.

- The touchdown at the end of the half was one of the most depressing plays I've ever seen live. That last 14 seconds of the half was probably the most amazing 14 seconds I have ever seen live. While Young was running the guy behind me was actually yelling "Keep running - Keep running" - thinking he would get tackled and the clock would run out to end the half - not thinking he would keep running to the end zone!

- Henry pushing Spikes (who was closing full speed and had the angle) aside like a rag doll with his stiff arm was another one of the most depressing defensive plays I've ever seen live.

- The kickoff coverage team was awful - they should be feeling bad about themselves today (between opening presents).

- On shotgun snaps Losman I guess was trying to get them to jump - and he kept making spastic jerking motions. It was very strange to see - he was probably close to getting a penalty.

- Travis Henry definitely looked like a bowling ball going downhill most of the game. Actually a big inflatable bowling ball, the way defenders were bouncing off him.

- Another punter comes into RWS and leaves muttering "How the hell does Moorman do it?"

- Had great seats - after 30+ yrs going to games it was the first time I ever have actually sat in the center lower level - I couldn't believe though how tiny those seats are!

- Losman stepping up in the pocket on the TD throw to Evans was one of the best plays I think I've seen him make wrt progressing at the position.

- I had a really bad feeling when we had to settle for a field goal to go up by nine - knowing they had the wind in the 4th quarter. When they got the ball with 9 minutes left I turned to my Dad and said "Now we can't let them have an 8 minute drive" - I was off by a few seconds. If the statistic was kept, no doubt there is no other team in the last 5-10 years that has had more soul-sucking long drives against them in the 4th quarter to decide a game than the Bills. I just had a feeling it was going to be one of those days.

- Anyone who thinks going for the kick at the end was a no-brainer couldn't have been at the game. The wind wasn't gusting as hard when Tenn kicked their FG into the wind earlier in the game - but even then as the ball was in the air it got pushed first to the left, then it was like it hit a brick wall and just fell straight down and barely made it over. I would have had very very little confidence that Lindell would have been able to make that kick at the end.

- If you heard Lindell's interview after the game you probably also wouldn't have been very confident in him making that kick. I have never heard a professional athlete sound so wishy-washy and unconfident as Lindell did when he described his reaction when Jauron looked at him to see how he felt about trying the kick. One school of thought obviously is that as a coach you just send the guy out there to do his job, but if Lindell looked anything like he sounded when he tried to explain what his reaction was to Jauron - I wouldn't have wanted him out there either.

- I don't think I've ever been to a game where there were so many single plays that if one had just gone the other way the outcome would have been different.

- Some jerk-off behind us was joyously excitedly giving a play-by-play of the NE-Jax game - seemingly oblivious to the fact that our victory was slipping away right in front of him while he was doing it. I wanted to rip whatever device it was he was getting the updates from and shove it down his throat.

- It really is too bad that last series was such a mess - on 2nd down with lots of time, and knowing you needed a few more yards to get into more comfortable FG range it would have been nice to try a run. Losman's play on 3rd down was horrible.

- Josh Reed got destroyed on that last play - the oficial who swallowed his flag also swallowed his nads apparently.

I got tickets to take my Dad to the game after getting in town. We lost my Mom this year and it is a tough holiday for him - and I thought it would be a good distraction. I also fly up every year to take him to a game for his birthday - and more often than not those days end in disappointement like they did this day. I'm getting pretty sick and tired of these days ending in losses - but of course I'll just keep coming back for more...

At the end of the game people were pissed and booing - and it was probably a combination of frustration for booing the officials for not throwing the flag, the Titans for beating us, and the Bills for letting it get away. As we were filing out I looked back and there was kind of a surreal scene with all these angry people by the tunnel screaming as the players left the field - and indelibly I'll remember one particularly distressed individual just going absolutely balistic and screaming and every couple seconds banging a helmet against the seats in front of him in uncontrolled impotent rage "&%$$$^^&&!" 'Bang!' "&$%#^&%&!" 'Bang!' That will be my final lasting memory for this game and this season.

Nice observations and nice gesture taking your dad. I can imagine how tough the holiday must be for him, hopefully this helped to divert a little.

May you and yours enjoy the holidays!

877808[/snapback]

Thanks - same to you and yours!.

Like I said I just wish more often these 'special' get-together games would end in a victory! Maybe next year....

BTW - have always meant to tell you, the name on my son's birth certificate is my first name and my Father's middle name - Stephen Raymond - we call him Stevie, and he also likes to listen to a certain musical artist who shares his name (by design) :D

BTW - listen to Lindell in the 2nd part of this postgame snippet - and tell me if he sounds like he thinks he could have made it or had given even the slightest indication he wanted to try it ("I was like ooohhh ehhhh..."). He mentions 2 of 10 which I think probably refers to what he hit in pregame.

Lindell postgame

- Some jerk-off behind us was joyously excitedly giving a play-by-play of the NE-Jax game - seemingly oblivious to the fact that our victory was slipping away right in front of him while he was doing it.  I wanted to rip whatever device it was he was getting the updates from and shove it down his throat.

877807[/snapback]

Heh. Here is what you missed here...the arduousness of the recent bunch who turn a topic into a chat room. The game thread here hit over 500 as they posted in clusters of mutual admiration, play-by-play-by-play, wow-weeing, predictions, effing of this or that play, predictions of doom for eternity, etc..

It was like a day, at a...

roly-poly-precious-beyond-belief-ritalin-downing-McDonald-weaned day care center hootenanny...

Or am I just being ancient and harsh? :D

So how did Coy do live (I saw him miss a special teams tackle)? Does he remain a priority extension candidate?

877900[/snapback]

:thumbsup:

In the spirit of the Holiday season I shall refrain from saying anything negative about good old Coy... When does the Holiday season officially end then?...