Vick not given the same shot as Manning

Dan

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

or Doug Flutie

Hard to tell him not to try to "make a big play" with his feet, although Flutie seems to have been by all accounts properly schooled in the basic fundamentals of pocket passing as well as being swift and jittery of foot.  But then again, Flutie was never a "pocket passer" so go figure. 

Personally, I find it hard to believe that the Falcons have not been trying for years to "school" Vick in the fundamentals of being a QB.  He is either so set in his ways or just doesn't want to absorb it or is too arrogant to really listen and probably all three.  yes, you can make legitimate argument about the supporting cast, quality of coaching, and the incongruity of the WCO with Vick, but still...  Of course, Vick made his name by running around everywhere at VT.  I'm sure they told him to take off at every turn.  What college coach gives a crap about turning a Vick into a "pocket passer" when he can singlehandedly kick everyone's a*s with his legs?

875619[/snapback]

I said this in a post awhile back and was called a racist and told to leave the board. Gandy is stealing my stuff.

I think you are right> Vick is too set in his way or just doesn't want to absorb it or is too arrogant to really listen and probably all three.

The difference between Vick and white running QBs like Steve Young, Doug Flutie etc etc. is rushing attempts.

If you look at Mick Vick's stats, or Steve McNair or Donovan McNabb all three have over 100 rushing attempts in at least one season.Vick has at least three seasons with over 100 rushing attempts.

I know McNair has at least one season with over 100 or close to it. And if you can get people to talk off the record, McNair never developed into an effective consistent passer. McNabb same thing. The Eagles are better off without him.