When it comes to the Bills, Ive have to be honest!

marauderswr80

The 7-7 Buffalo Bills have found themselves in the playoff picture starting off 2-5 before the BYE week. They are now 7-7 winning 5 out of the last 7 games, losing by 4 combined points to Indy & San Diego, both teams who have won their divisions by a rather large margin. Is this really such a big deal? YES! 365 Days ago look where this team was at. 1 year ago they were coming off a loss to Denver that put the stamp on Eric Moulds career in Buffalo. Mike Mularkey & TD were on their way out the doors. We have since cut dead weight old players, such as Sam Adams, Lawyer Milloy, Eric Moulds, Mike Williams. I remember when the moves were made with those players we as a fan base had no idea what Ralph and Marv Levy were doing. Now those 4 players are long forgotten!

In comes the Jauron era. I questioned the hire of Jauron, my faith in the Bills was about to disapear until I was convinced by a poster on Buffalobills.com boards to keep the faith. I did so, and I couldnt be more happier!

This team has come along ways from a year ago. Last year we had no identity other then a losers mentality. This years team is different. This years team have the mindset they can win every single game they play and thats a dangerous combination when you have youth to go along with it! Not only is this team better, they are in fact YOUNGER! You see how good they are now, give it 2 more years when they really know how to play with one another! It can be scary!

Right now the Bills are sitting at 7-7 with a slim shot at the playoffs, however to even have the shot at the playoffs starting 2-5 tells me this team fights its rearend off and that they dont believe in the word quitting. Thats the same attitude the early 90's Buffalo Bills had, never say die attitude.

I see a 7-7 team that very well could have been fighting for homefield advantage for the playoffs right now. Think about it!

Week one against the Patriots, if Donte Whitners INT went for a TD, that game Buffalo would have won making them 8-6 right now.

Week 3 against Miami, if JP dont have any turnovers Buffalo is most likely the winner of that ball game by 3 points or so. Buffalo would have been 9-5 right now.

The Detroit game We were one play away from winning that ball game, or shall I say one corner away from stopping Roy Williams to win the game. If Nate played Williams like hes playing now Buffalo wins that game. That would have made them 10-4 right now.

Then we need to look at the Colts game. Granted we lost by 1 point, I feel Buffalo was 2 playes away from winning that ball game! I only say that cause you cant give Peyton Manning 6 minutes to score a TD to win the game. Thats another ball game Buffalo very well could have won, if so they would be 11-3 right now.

Then we have to take a look at the Chargers game a few weeks ago. I still think if Antonia Gates dont catch that TD before halftime Buffalo wins that football game regardless of the day LT had. This to is another game Buffalo very well could have won making them 12-2.

I guess what im trying to say is, this team was a handfull of plays away from being the #1 seed in the AFC playoff race. I know I know, Coulda, woulda, shoulda.....But those are the facts guys. This team was a handfull of plays away from being one of the best teams in the NFL, one of the best teams with a new system, and several rookies starting at key positions! To me, thats one heck of an accomplishment!

I also think if Buffalo was in that scenerio, Dick Juaron would have been coach of the year with no question!

This team is on its way, mark my words at the end of this season people will be asked what teams to look out for in 2007, The BUFFALO BILLS will be one of the teams that are mentioned!

If the chips fall where we all want them to, this team will be nasty come 2007. As long as we find ways to lock up Nate & Fletcher and have another good draft, and possibly 2 key FA's, this team is on the verge of something special.

:lol:

Week 3 against Miami, if JP dont have any turnovers Buffalo is most likely the winner of that ball game by 3 points or so. Buffalo would have been 9-5 right now.

The Detroit game We were one play away from winning that ball game, or shall I say one corner away from stopping Roy Williams to win the game.  If Nate played Williams like hes playing now Buffalo wins that game.  That would have made them 10-4 right now.

873923[/snapback]

I think you meant Week 3 against the Jets. They beat Miami in Week 2.

It really doesn't matter what we think....whether or not one play could have given them an extra win doesn't matter. Generally, in games where they didn't deserve to win (see: Detroit), they would have never gotten that "one play".

Still, this is a different team than the one we watched go 2-5. JP isn't making mistakes, he has some more freedom, the OL is protecting him better (not outstanding, but better), and the defense is stepping up and making stops when they need to. They still can't be considered a playoff team, since they're 1-2 in games against legit playoff teams, but they have confidence and they're buying into the coaches' systems. No matter what type of talent you have, that usually translates into wins.

As for next year, I think they would only NOT continue this success if they lose a player or two or run into a rash of injuries. As long as Jauron, Fairchild, and Fewell keep running a system around the personnel, they'll be in good shape.

I think you meant Week 3 against the Jets. They beat Miami in Week 2.

It really doesn't matter what we think....whether or not one play could have given them an extra win doesn't matter. Generally, in games where they didn't deserve to win (see: Detroit), they would have never gotten that "one play".

Still, this is a different team than the one we watched go 2-5. JP isn't making mistakes, he has some more freedom, the OL is protecting him better (not outstanding, but better), and the defense is stepping up and making stops when they need to. They still can't be considered a playoff team, since they're 1-2 in games against legit playoff teams, but they have confidence and they're buying into the coaches' systems. No matter what type of talent you have, that usually translates into wins.

As for next year, I think they would only NOT continue this success if they lose a player or two or run into a rash of injuries. As long as Jauron, Fairchild, and Fewell keep running a system around the personnel, they'll be in good shape.

873950[/snapback]

DUH........I did mean Jets.......I was even at that game! LOL, sorry about that

873950[/snapback]

I think the key is going to be to re-sign some of our own players to keep the continuity in the system and then to have a excellent draft. They have to draft players that are either playmakers or get players that fit their system.

I think Whitner, Simpson and Kyle Williams are those play makers from this draft and Ellison, Pennington and McCargo are players that fit their system.

I like your excitement and enthusiasm but let's not get ahead of ourselves.

This is an up and coming team where our young guys are starting to play towards their potential. It is still a flawed team. They're run defense is sub par and they cannot consistently run the ball. I like how are secondary is coming together and the coaching is solid.

They've done some good things and with another good draft, re-signing Clements, picking up a run stuffing DT and RG that can move the pile this team can contend seriously.

They're almost there!!!