Tony Snow Tells It Like It Is

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another loudmouth liberal pretending that the Republican version of wasting taxpayer money is somehow different than their own.

873051[/snapback]

Oh it is different. The liberal spending programs actually do some good. Iraq is a complete disaster all around. Well, unless you hold share in Halliburton I suppose

Oh it is different. The liberal spending programs actually do some good. Iraq is a complete disaster all around. Well, unless you hold share in Halliburton I suppose

873062[/snapback]

Wow.

This who thread ranks up there with the other questions from the press corps over the last few days. That is, their "outrage" that the WH didnt announce Laura Bush's surgery beforehand and why shes now not doing an advocate to prevent skin cancer.

In essence, the press corps now L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y gets in a tizzy when someone get has an odd mole removed from their ass.

What are these fools going to be "outraged" about next? The consistency of the dump Condoleeza Rice left back in Beiging after eating some kim chee?

Wow.

This who thread ranks up there with the other questions from the press corps over the last few days. That is, their "outrage" that the WH didnt announce Laura Bush's surgery beforehand and why shes now not doing an advocate to prevent skin cancer.

In essence, the press corps now L-I-T-E-R-A-L-L-Y gets in a tizzy when someone get has an odd mole removed from their ass.

What are these fools going to be "outraged" about next? The consistency of the dump Condoleeza Rice left back in Beiging after eating some kim chee?

873075[/snapback]

I find it more amusing that everytime Iraq is held up to be what it is the far-right gets into a tizzy about the media.

Nothing programmed at all. Point is, people who don't believe government can be used as a positive force probably shouldn't be in charge of nation building. Would you put a communist in charge of a major private corporation?

873110[/snapback]

Government as a positive force to be used for Nation building? Where have I heard this before?

Oh yeah...from a certain rancher from Crawford. :rolleyes:

Nothing programmed at all.

That's where you're wrong. You immediately played the "at least our crap helps some people," which is contrary to virtually all evidence. Now I know a couple of you lemmings are going to start throwing "Social Security" and other buzzwords around, but the reality is, statistically, despite the astronomical amount of money being tossed around, virtually the same percentage of people are still impoverished, unemployed, without healthcare, <insert other pet cause here>. There's no way to argue it.

Does that mean there shouldn't be short term help available? No. But that's never what you people advocate.

Point is, people who don't believe government can be used as a positive force probably shouldn't be in charge of nation building.

873110[/snapback]

Nor should anyone else, short of the people of that particular society.

I find it more amusing that everytime Iraq is held up to be what it is the far-right gets into a tizzy about the media.

873112[/snapback]

Iraq is being "held up for what it is" because the White house wont release classified information about the future whereabouts of the Secretary of Defense???!!??

Thats a bit of a stretch.

Whats your encore? Calling Bush a 'chicken' because he always "hides behind" a security detail?

Jeez.............

That's where you're wrong.  You immediately played the "at least our crap helps some people," which is contrary to virtually all evidence.  Now I know a couple of you lemmings are going to start throwing "Social Security" and other buzzwords around, but the reality is, statistically, despite the astronomical amount of money being tossed around, virtually the same percentage of people are still impoverished, unemployed, without healthcare, <insert other pet cause here>.  There's no way to argue it.

Does that mean there shouldn't be short term help available?  No.  But that's never what you people advocate.

873173[/snapback]

Virtually the same as when? Poverty was much worse in the past. Liberal programs have spread prosperity over a much wider segment of society through the TVA, road projects and zillion other programs that put people to work. I'm also happy to say that redistribution of income works great. If you think other wise you have no idea how the economy works. Pork is a good thing overall. Everyone complains about it except for people who get jobs as forest ranger, cops, teachers, nurses and construction people. What Republicans do wrong is not to pay for it, it all goes on credit. Liberalism saved capitalism by redistributing income. When was the last great depression? Oh and Social Security has worked to help the eldery live more independent worry free lives. Sure there may be problems with it, but it can be fixed.

Iraq is being "held up for what it is" because the White house wont release classified information about the future whereabouts of the Secretary of Defense???!!??

Thats a bit of a stretch.

Whats your encore? Calling Bush a 'chicken' because he always "hides behind" a security detail?

Jeez.............

873257[/snapback]

lol, no, because the place is such a mess he can't announce when he, or anyone else, is going there.

Virtually the same as when?  Poverty was much worse in the past. Liberal programs have spread prosperity over a much wider segment of society through the TVA, road projects and zillion other programs that put people to work. I'm also happy to say that redistribution of income works great. If you think other wise you have no idea how the economy works. Pork is a good thing overall. Everyone complains about it except for people who get jobs as forest ranger, cops, teachers, nurses and construction people. What Republicans do wrong is not to pay for it, it all goes on credit. Liberalism saved capitalism by redistributing income. When was the last great depression?  Oh and Social Security has worked to help the eldery live more independent worry free lives. Sure there may  be problems with it, but it can be fixed.

873274[/snapback]

Okay......someone wanna hit this off? Im way too tired.

"redistribution of income works great"

Wow.....just.......WOW.

Virtually the same as when?  Poverty was much worse in the past. Liberal programs have spread prosperity over a much wider segment of society through the TVA, road projects and zillion other programs that put people to work. I'm also happy to say that redistribution of income works great. If you think other wise you have no idea how the economy works. Pork is a good thing overall. Everyone complains about it except for people who get jobs as forest ranger, cops, teachers, nurses and construction people. What Republicans do wrong is not to pay for it, it all goes on credit. Liberalism saved capitalism by redistributing income. When was the last great depression?  Oh and Social Security has worked to help the eldery live more independent worry free lives. Sure there may  be problems with it, but it can be fixed.

873274[/snapback]

Wow. Hearing this from a Western NY native, given Buffalo's economic situation, is both highly ironic and not the least bit ironic. Simultaneously. That's a real accomplishment. :rolleyes:

That's where you're wrong.  You immediately played the "at least our crap helps some people," which is contrary to virtually all evidence.  Now I know a couple of you lemmings are going to start throwing "Social Security" and other buzzwords around, but the reality is, statistically, despite the astronomical amount of money being tossed around, virtually the same percentage of people are still impoverished, unemployed, without healthcare, <insert other pet cause here>.  There's no way to argue it.

Does that mean there shouldn't be short term help available?  No.  But that's never what you people advocate.

873173[/snapback]

It is kind of funny listening to the resident Alaskan argue against government programs. I'm sure you still cash your Permanent Fund check and drive on the roads others in the lower 48 pay for.. :rolleyes:

It is kind of funny listening to the resident Alaskan argue against government programs.  I'm sure you still cash your Permanent Fund check and drive on the roads others in the lower 48 pay for.. :rolleyes:

873328[/snapback]

Only an !@#$ turns down free legal money, regardless of personal philosophies.