Blackout is good

beausox

blackout means:

1) If you live within the proscribed territory and you never buy a ticket for the team you will cleave WHEN THEY WIN and wax enthusiastic at the watercooler and lie you were there then you deserve the blackout.

2) The people who actually purchased a ticket for the game, that is true fans, receive vicarious pleasure by dint that you, you cheapskate, did not see the game free.

3) I need not list a litany of things that cost $50, especially to the faux fans because it is they who have calculated each and every expenditure of their precious disposal income.

4) Please do not let the" fair weather caddies" to quote the late great Caddie Master John O'Brien of CCB fame have their cake and eat it too.

5) What is this poor little ole Buffalo crap anyway?! How many teachers (and add to that retired teachers- me- who are actually better off than working teachers) have season tickets/ or go to a number of games?Nurses? Technicians? Bankers and Financial Related? Professors? Construction and trades? I imagine many do because they make up the labor force of Buffalo. What of the rest? For a half a grand? Puhleze!

6) A Miami columnist remarked re: failure to sell out Dolphins game " just what else is there to do in Buffalo" Insensitive and rude and untrue? Yes. But it is true that without the Bills there would be an unfillable gaping chasm in the soul of Buffalo

7) Be sure to note that some of the posts below on this subject are frivolous. They mask the fact they have nothing to add. Some of the posts will be wortwhile. You will be able to tell the weak responses by their reliance on vulgarity. If any of those miscreants actually attend a game in semi-concious condition they would do us all a favor to stay home and let the rest of us pay for their birthright to see Bills from the safety of home.

blackout means:

1) If you live within the proscribed territory and you never buy a ticket for the team you will cleave WHEN THEY WIN and wax enthusiastic at the watercooler and lie you were there then you deserve the blackout.

2) The people who actually purchased a ticket for the game, that is true fans, receive vicarious pleasure by dint that you, you cheapskate, did not see the game free.

3) I need not list a litany of things that cost $50, especially to the faux fans because it is they who have calculated each and every expenditure of their precious disposal income.

4) Please do not let the" fair weather caddies" to quote the late great  Caddie Master John O'Brien of CCB fame have their cake and eat it too.

5) What is this poor little ole Buffalo crap anyway?! How many teachers (and add to that retired teachers- me- who are actually better off than working teachers) have season tickets/ or go to a number of games?Nurses? Technicians? Bankers and Financial Related? Professors? Construction and trades? I imagine many do because they make up the labor force of Buffalo.  What of the rest? For a half a grand? Puhleze!

6) A Miami columnist remarked re: failure to sell out Dolphins game " just what else is there to do in Buffalo" Insensitive and rude and untrue? Yes. But it is true that without the Bills there would be an unfillable gaping chasm in the soul of Buffalo

871907[/snapback]

I think you need to adjust your alcohol intake.

Up or down. Doesn't matter.

I think you need to adjust your alcohol intake.

Up or down.  Doesn't matter.

871920[/snapback]

Thanks I think that is just the tonic. By the by which are you the guy by the watercooler or perhaps the one who invested in Direct TV?

Thanks I think that is just the tonic. By the by which are you the guy by the watercooler or perhaps the one who invested in Direct TV?

871923[/snapback]

You're right...REAL Buffalo Bills fans eat their own.

me fail English? That's unpossible

871953[/snapback]

I always thought that joke would have worked better if they had ever had Ralph use poor grammar prior to that line.

My name is Steve and I'm a nit-picker...

What the !@#$ are you trying to say? 

Who has the beausoxese-English translator?

872010[/snapback]

I'll tanslate for you:

If you lift the blackout without a sellout, you justify a giant bandwagon for fans.

Look at the Sabres....when they are bad, the Arena has 10,000 in there because everyone can watch the game at home. Why bother going downtown in 20 degree weather to watch them lose to the Islanders 5-2.

BUT.....when the Sabres are playing well, the entire season sells out, and people are trampling over old ladies to buy jersies, t-shirts, and especially tickets.

The true fans are the 10,000 who can afford to show up and have the passion to do so on a regular basis.

The bandwagoner is the guy who pays $200 for a pair of $10 seats in the nosebleeds then tells everyone about it.

Point 2: While it is fair to biatch about poor play and that you do not want to shell out your hard earned money to watch it, do not biatch when Ralph or other moves the team. Someone will pay that $35 to watch mediocre football.....maybe not here, but somewhere.

Point 2: While it is fair to biatch about poor play and that you do not want to shell out your hard earned money to watch it, do not biatch when Ralph or other moves the team. Someone will pay that $35 to watch mediocre football.....maybe not here, but somewhere.

872075[/snapback]

Yes, but then the makers of the movie "Major League" would sue the Bills for copyright infringement.

I live 80 miles away, no big deal. I usually need at least 12 hours to get there early, see my friends, have some food, drink some suds, wait for the traffic to thin, and then drive home. I do not like to rush. I go to two or three games a year and like you, have been a true fan for many years.

For me, it is not the money as much as the TIME I cannot afford.

True fans vs faux fans? Puh-leeeze!

I am happy you have season tickets.

You are out of line judging others by their GAME ATTENDANCE only. :(

blackout means:

4) Please do not let the" fair weather caddies" to quote the late great  Caddie Master John O'Brien of CCB fame have their cake and eat it too.

5) What is this poor little ole Buffalo crap anyway?! How many teachers (and add to that retired teachers- me- who are actually better off than working teachers) have season tickets/ or go to a number of games?Nurses? Technicians? Bankers and Financial Related? Professors? Construction and trades? I imagine many do because they make up the labor force of Buffalo.  What of the rest? For a half a grand? Puhleze!

871907[/snapback]

I live 80 miles away, no big deal. I usually need at least 12 hours to get there early, see my friends, have some food, drink some suds, wait for the traffic to thin, and then drive home. I do not like to rush. I go to two or three games a year and like you, have been a true fan for many years.

For me, it is not the money as much as the TIME I cannot afford.

True fans vs faux fans? Puh-leeeze!

I am happy you have season tickets.

You are out of line judging others by their GAME ATTENDANCE only.  :(

872194[/snapback]

You do live within and you do go to games. you do not have to hold season tix to be a true fan. HOWEVER, anyone living in reasonably close proximity to Buffalo AND does not pay to go to any games AND carps about a blackout is a faux, watercooler-hero fan.

You do live within and you do go to games. you do not have to hold season tix to be a true fan. HOWEVER, anyone living in reasonably close proximity to Buffalo AND does not pay to go to any games AND carps about a blackout is a faux, watercooler-hero fan.

872204[/snapback]

So all you babies and invalids out there...Look out!

So all you babies and invalids out there...Look out!

872217[/snapback]

Ah! The I am only concerned about the "Pirates of Penzance" criterion! The last refuge of free rider Bills fans is to remind those of us with a conscience of the plight of orphans.

Au contraire. Only a season ticket holder could be held blameless about the tv deprivation of widows and orphans. People who buy tickets increase the chance of Tiny Tims to view the Bills while devouring the Christmas goose. Faux watercooler Scrooges who whine about blackout rules and do not concern selves with fate of deserving poor actually ratchet the pain of the Cratchit family as they consume their chestnuts without benefit of a Bills game. O Tempora! O Mores.

Ah! The I am only concerned about the "Pirates of Penzance" criterion! The last refuge of free rider Bills fans is to remind those of us with a conscience of the plight of orphans.

Au contraire. Only a season ticket holder could be held blameless about the tv deprivation of widows and orphans. People who buy tickets increase the chance of Tiny Tims to view the Bills while devouring the Christmas goose. Faux watercooler Scrooges who whine about blackout rules and do not concern selves with fate of deserving poor actually ratchet the pain of the Cratchit family as they consume their chestnuts without benefit of a Bills game. O Tempora! O Mores.

872352[/snapback]

...and people that have to take care of the above.

...and people who have little money.

...and people who have families and responsibilities that preclude a several hundred dollar, 6+ hour per week investment.

But kudos to you for not being in any of these categories. You've certainly "earned" the right to defend a defective rule by stomping on your fellow fans...Sorry, losers that root for the same team as you do.

YOU paid, so YOU should make sure that no one but you sees any benefit from that. Of course, it shouldn't matter whether the rule sells tickets, is fair, or is the best thing for the league itself. All that matters is that we ALL should have (the ability) to pay like you. No room for freeloaders, the Bills bandwagon is for the elite only.

After all, Buffalo IS a white-collar town.