Coy Wire-MVP against Tennesse?

tennesseeboy

Remember when (like him or not) Flutie was on a run with his scrambling? The strategy that worked best to was to assign a man to Flutie to keep him from killing a team with his running. Face it, if Young is going to kill you it will more likely be his running that does it. He's not a bad passer, but we all know what his strength is. Henry is having a good year running as well. I think we would be wise to go to the four linebacker as the base defense. This is a major eight in the box strategy and challenges Tennessee to beat us passing. I think Clements McKee and Whitner are outstanding and can hold on, and Wire can drop back into safety on particular plays. I guess what I'm thinking is the "find out what they are good at and take it away from them" school of thought. Comments?

Remember when (like him or not) Flutie was on a run with his scrambling?  The strategy that worked best to was to assign a man to Flutie to keep him from killing a team with his running.  Face it, if Young is going to kill you it will more likely be his running that does it.  He's not a bad passer, but we all know what his strength is.  Henry is having a good year running as well.  I think we would be wise to go to the four linebacker as the base defense. This is a major eight in the box strategy and challenges Tennessee to beat us passing.  I think Clements McKee and Whitner are outstanding and can hold on, and Wire can drop back into safety on particular plays.  I guess what I'm thinking is the "find out what they are good at and take it away from them" school of thought.  Comments?

870506[/snapback]

How bad was Tennesee's offense yesterday? Something like 98 total yards offset by 3 defensive scores?

I know that they had been playing better offensively, but I like our chances if we win the turn over battle.

Bills 26

tit ans 13

Ahhh, early prediction time. Although, I am extending it out to the other games of interest.

Starting with tonight.

Cincy 17 (8-6)

Indy 24

Indy plays well, comes out firing knowing where they stand in the playoff race. They still have a bitter taste in their mouths from the last loss. Love playing at home

Tenn - 10

Bills - 21 (8-7)

Jets - 10 (8-7)

Miami - 24 (7-8)

Cincy - 16 (8-7)

Denver - 17 (9-6)

NE - 31 (11-4)

JAX - 13 (8-7)

Remember when (like him or not) Flutie was on a run with his scrambling?  The strategy that worked best to was to assign a man to Flutie to keep him from killing a team with his running.  Face it, if Young is going to kill you it will more likely be his running that does it.  He's not a bad passer, but we all know what his strength is.  Henry is having a good year running as well.  I think we would be wise to go to the four linebacker as the base defense. This is a major eight in the box strategy and challenges Tennessee to beat us passing.  I think Clements McKee and Whitner are outstanding and can hold on, and Wire can drop back into safety on particular plays.  I guess what I'm thinking is the "find out what they are good at and take it away from them" school of thought.  Comments?

870506[/snapback]

That's not a bad idea, Tenny. Partly because of injuries to starting SS Dexter Jackson, CIN has been using Kevin Kaesviharn a fair amount, including duty as a 3rd safety for the reasons you put forth. Kaesviharn is (improbably) tied for the int lead at six - three being end-zone drive stoppers.

Looking at the reports of the Jacksonville game, we should be very careful to beef up pass protection. I think JP has matured tremendously and makes better decisions than Garrard does, but we have to be ready for a turnover defense that has tasted blood this week. Haynesworth is back and he is an animal on defensive pass rush. Just take care of business this week, Bills.

He's not a bad passer,

870506[/snapback]

Right now, Young is a bad passer. Stats, obviously, don't tell the entire story but a completion percentage of 51.8, a YPA of 5.94 and a QB rating of 65.9 say that his passing needs a lot of work.

Interesting idea, but why not just have Whitner play that role instead of Wire? Might as well leave our best 11 on the field. I like Ko and wouldn't want to take him off the field for a 4th LB. The more speed on the field, the better...

870845[/snapback]

My thoughts exactly. I was kind of thinking the front four, Spikes, Fletcher, Ellison, Wire, and Whitner, McKee and Clements as the base defense.