Too bad JP isn't named Vince Young or Matt Leinart

bluv

I mean look at Vince Young; while he has made a few plays with his legs the Titans are getting a lot of respect and VY too much credit. I mean they get 3 defensive TD's and all I can hear about the Titans are that VY has led them to 5 straight victories. I mean VY almost lost the game for crying out loud!The media is still waiting for Leinart to break out so that they can annoint him. I'll bet if anyone of them has played the way JP has the past 4-5 games they'd be all up on them licking their you know what! I guess it means more where you played in college and how you were projected to play than how you actually play that means something to some! I mean after a huge passing game and game winning TD against the Titans, JP has led us to 3 big wins; the last 2 he has led us to DOMINATING wins against division opponenets who have been on a run. 52-13 oustcoring our foes the past 2 weeks and still not much love for JP or the Bills in the media. How is that so? I guess a lot of those media types hate to eat crow! Oh well go Bills, crush VY next week and maybe then we can open some eyes!

If anything, the lack of attention is doing the franchise a favor. Losman came into the league as an arrogant SOB, sucked ass in his first 16 starts or so, then finally started to get it. He's getting better- do we really need him plastered on the cover of SI so he can get good and full of himself again. Not trying to knock the dude at all, I'm becoming a huge fan, but sometimes a lack of media attention can be a good thing.

But VY just wins football games  :rolleyes:

870233[/snapback]

Until he plays the juggernaut known as the Buffalo Bills. :nana: Actually, Jax had won three of four before they lost to the Bills. The Jets had won three of four. The Finfags had won five of six. The Titans I think have won five in a row but will go down. We're getting pretty decent.

Until he plays the juggernaut known as the Buffalo Bills.  :rolleyes: Actually, Jax had won three of four before they lost to the Bills. The Jets had won three of four. The Finfags had won five of six. The Titans I think have won five in a row but will go down. We're getting pretty decent.

870269[/snapback]

I'm a little disappointed that we're opening at -4. -3 or less would've been a nice Xmas bonus.

If anything, the lack of attention is doing the franchise a favor. Losman came into the league as an arrogant SOB, sucked ass in his first 16 starts or so, then finally started to get it. He's getting better- do we really need him plastered on the cover of SI so he can get good and full of himself again. Not trying to knock the dude at all, I'm becoming a huge fan, but sometimes a lack of media attention can be a good thing.

870191[/snapback]

Says who; a couple of pre draft analyst who don't even know JP but picked this up along with other info just ho throw into their pro/con analysis? Bottom line as I saw earlier this season even when he was "struggling", when the O-line gave him time to throw he consistently was hitting open receivers all year long as opposed to last season where his accruacy was shot as he rushed passes. Just imagine if we had another WR threat opposite Lee? What if JP had more games where he attempted more than 20 passes? Now that the O-line has improved dramatically in the pass blocking area (thank god for CV season ending injury vs his nagging injuries!) the TE's can be a factor in the passing game.

I just hope now that in the offseason the Bills try hard to keep the players we have and don't get too cute int trying to fine tune this team and just keep the chemistry that we have. I know some want us to upgrade the O-line, particualry the guards but I say let them grow together and keep their chemistry. An upgrade might actually be more in name and salary than in gameplay. We have 5 young players on the O-line that will get better with time; look at the progress they made in 5 games! On offense a better compliment WR must be found; we we do that, the running game will be more consistent as teams will have to defend the pass and honor JP and Lee. They want be making excuses that they only got a few bigplays for they will be expecting them. If this team re-signs it's own, add a run stuffing DT to the mix we can be a force for the next 2-3 years as we have a young team.