If Bledsoe's So Bad, Why Isn't Henry

BilzFanGA

I admit Bledso has lost something off his game since coming to Buffalo, but people are trying to act as if he is the sole reason that Buffalo's offense is failing to produce and as soon as JP ges healthy he should be put in there. That's wrong. Bledsoe showed what he could do in the first half last week as far as passing the ball. When we lost the 2 starters, we seen what happened.

My beef with all this, is the running game isn't exactly lighting it up either, and no one seems to be assigning any blame to Travis Henry.

Why is it that Travis Henry gets all the respect as being a warrior,and true team player who people respect, but Bledsoe gets ragged on week after week. According to the rankings, Bledsoe has a QB ranking of almost 86, and is 18th in the league in passing, when Travis Henry being the all world back that he is ranks 21st, and is averaging a whopping 3.5 yards a carry. The guys longest run of the year has been 14 yards. Out of the top 30 backs that's the 2nd lowest in the league.

In toughness, is Henry any tougher than Drew. I think Drew has taken just as much of a pounding in his 3 years in Buffalo, and has never missed a game. While Travis is tough, he can't say that.

Let's talk about charecter. While Bledsoe has said nothing but good things about JP Losman since we drafted him, and taken him under his wing, Henry has done nothing but b1tched and moaned about he was disrespected since Willis was drafted and caused a potential RB controversy.

Now let's talk about game play. People talk about Bledsoe's fumbles and bad decisions. Sure he has had some. Has not Henry. Were we not overly concerned about his fumbling just a year ago. Then the guy just falls down on the biggest play of the game last week when we were driving for the tying touchdown. THen on the next play he can't execute his assignment and goes the wrong way allowing Bledsoe to get sacked.

Guys, our offense has multiple problems, the primary being the offensive line. THat affects both our passing and our running games.

That aside, I think we need to share some of the blame on the skill positions as well. Drew has completed 60% of his passes (while having at least 6 or 7 blatant drops this year), has more touchdowns than interceptions, and is getting all the blame for our problems.

It's unwarrented and there is plenty of blame to go around, and some of it goes to the Travis Henry god that people make him out to be. He cost us the game last week, plain and simple. The 2 biggest plays of the game he failed to execute and it allowed NE to wrap the game up.

If everyone is ready for JP, then I am more than ready to see Willis and see what our future holds, cuz Travis Henry has lost my respect as far as his recent game performances and his repeated attempts to cause a controversy over the WM issue. While Bledsoe needs to improve as well, I'm tired of seeing him getting ragged while it is not even close to being all his fault.

Everything you said is true, but you must also have missed my numerous posts ragging on Henry.

I will not do so now, because game time is approcahing, but suffice it to say that I truly hope to see a lot of Willis today.

63217[/snapback]

Willis needs to be in the game. We took him #1 because he's a major offensive weapon. He did us no good last year and this year they have him on the banch. This just makes zero sense to me. He's the bigger back of the two WHY NOT use him on 3rd and short or 4th and inches?

Please, someone tell me why?

Willis needs to be in the game. We took him #1 because he's a major offensive weapon. He did us no good last year and this year they have him on the banch. This just makes zero sense to me. He's the bigger back of the two WHY NOT use him on 3rd and short or 4th and inches?

63222[/snapback]

Frez, I liken Willis to an Edgerin James type of rb. He is as you said, big and strong, and seems to bring a complete game in terms of ability. Guys like him need lots of work to wear down a defense. Imo, he is not a little scat back (like a Dave Meggett) who is made to come in and catch a 3rd down short pass.

Given the recent performance of Travis, I see no reason not to use him on some drives. If AKC is correct, and they are leaving Travis in to soothe his ego, our problems run even deeper than we suspect.

maybe we're reading into this too much. His knee could have been bothering him last week. Unfortunately though, the only way to prove that you're over your injury is to rush for 150 against the jets. With henry gaining at least 125 today, it will be hard for willis to get in his 20 or so carries to get him to 150. Historically, the jets have been the team for the bills to rush the house against. Run willis run

You clearly haven't been visiting this message board if you think Travis is treated like a god. Not around here, he's not. In fact, he gets as much blame as anyone, other than perhaps Drew.

To say he cost us the game last week is just plain stupid. One bad play can't erase all the good he did. If that's the case, go hang Terrence McGee. Sure, he made several big plays, but he also gave up the tying touchdown. But overall, he had a good game...just like Travis did.

I don't know why it's so hard for people to figure out that Travis is better than Willis. That's why he's our running back. That's why Willis is on the bench. You want to compare Willis to Edgerrin? Fine. Look how long it took James to recover from a knee injury that wasn't as serious as the one suffered by Willis. A year from now, Willis will be 100 percent, not 80 or 90. Then we'll see what the man can do. Hopefully he will be the stud we all want him to be. If so, we have a running back controversy. Until then, Travis is the man.

It's sad that some people around here sit and root against Travis Henry, just for the sake of coming on this board to bash him and say, "I told you so." Christ, the guy hasn't even lost a fumble yet. Wait until that happens. Bill in NYC and his clones will cause this board to malfunction, rip the guy, and forget everything positive that Travis has done for this team.

Travis has his shortcomings, which have been discussed ad nauseum around here. But this team has a long list of problems that are greater than our running back situation, that's for damn sure.

>>>It's sad that some people around here sit and root against Travis Henry, just for the sake of coming on this board to bash him and say, "I told you so." Christ, the guy hasn't even lost a fumble yet. Wait until that happens. Bill in NYC and his clones will cause this board to malfunction, rip the guy, and forget everything positive that Travis has done for this team.<<<

Dave, this was an unfair posting. I have never in my life rooted against a Bills player, and this includes Travis Henry. I want the Bills to win every bit as much as you do. Please. :D

That said, I am SO much of a fan of the Bills, Bills fans and WNY that I dont sit and say all is well when a player is stinking up the field. You are entitled to your image of Travis as this stud running back. As for me, I look at more than stats. I am seeing missed blocks, wrong routes, and a guy falling on his ass on critical plays, game after friggin game. Apparently you haven't noticed this but again, that's OK.

The game starts in less than 90 minutes. I will be here cheering for Travis as much as you, and I hope he can do things to win us games, not lose them.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Everything you said is true, but you must also have missed my numerous posts ragging on Henry.

I will not do so now, because game time is approcahing, but suffice it to say that I truly hope to see a lot of Willis today.

63217[/snapback]

Yeh, we've all taken shots at Henry, and nobody is saying Drew is the sole reason, just that the offense can't be worse than 10ppg and losing...

As for Drew's toughness? I really wonder about that. We know he can take a hit, but the really tough QB's look down the field in the face of a pass-rush, step up and throw when they know they're going to get hit. DB just gives up on the play by ducking his head and doing his patented "standstill 360".

>>>It's sad that some people around here sit and root against Travis Henry, just for the sake of coming on this board to bash him and say, "I told you so." Christ, the guy hasn't even lost a fumble yet. Wait until that happens. Bill in NYC and his clones will cause this board to malfunction, rip the guy, and forget everything positive that Travis has done for this team.<<<

Dave, this was an unfair posting. I have never in my life rooted against a Bills player, and this includes Travis Henry. I want the Bills to win every bit as much as you do. Please.  :w00t:

That said, I am SO much of a fan of the Bills, Bills fans and WNY that I dont sit and say all is well when a player is stinking up the field. You are entitled to your image of Travis as this stud running back. As for me, I look at more than stats. I am seeing missed blocks, wrong routes, and a guy falling on his ass on critical plays, game after friggin game. Apparently you haven't noticed this but again, that's OK.

The game starts in less than 90 minutes. I will be here cheering for Travis as much as you, and I hope he can do things to win us games, not lose them.

GO BILLS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

63347[/snapback]

I agree with you that Travis makes too many mistakes. All the stuff you said...missed blocks, the inexplicable slipping. That's why, contrary to your statement, I do not think he is a stud back. I simply think he is a good back. But there are clearly several running backs in the NFL better than he is. Unfortunately, none of them play for the Bills. If we had a high-powered offense and were missing just the game-breaking running back to make our offense complete, I'd be in your corner. But the fact is, our quarterback is below average. Our best receiver is productive (although he makes just as many mistakes as Travis, even if the complaints around here are fewer and farther between), but the rest of our players are not very good. And that's what baffles me. Of all the problems with our offense, I think the list is pretty long before you can get to Travis.

We are near the two-minute warning as I type this. Travis has a couple of nice runs, but for the most part the Jets are keying on him and stopping him. Travis is running sideline to sideline instead of up the field. He doesn't have the speed to do this, and it's pissing me off, so I do notice when Travis isn't playing well. Jonas is getting his ass whipped by Abraham. Once again, our receivers others than Moulds are non-existant. Third and 18 and we're dumping the ball to Travis, who someone manages to deflect the ball 10 yards into the air. Even if he caught it, what's he going to do?

Sigh.

Everything is relative. Pretend you are Travis Henry. The OLine can't block, Bledsoe can't avoid the rush, and the recievers can't catch quick passes that could bail Bledsoe out when the rush is on. The Defense is bringing the house on just about every play to try and put pressure on Bledsoe. When you get the ball, you have to run past 4 rushing lineman, two LB's, and probably a Safety all on their way into the backfield to get Drew. Oh yeah...it not like your FB is going to help you out much either.

What do you do?

(Answer....fall down!)