random thoughts

beausox

1) They may very well have believed before today but this makes it easier for all to jump on the wagon.

2)They have only been out of two games this season. The difference between winning and losing in the NFL is very small.

3)At the end of the year there will be more teams worse than better than the Bills.

4) Peters is now as good a lineman as there is. Period. Watch if Miami moves their stud next week.

5) JP now gets it. The game has slowed down for him. He still holds the ball a little longer but that is due to his confidence. Kelly and Kemp used to drive me nuts but they won because they were risk takers. I see the same swagger in JP.

6) Pennington. Ellison. Whitner. Simpson. Kyle. Hargrove ( still young and hungry).Preston. The jury is out on Youboty and Everett. Not so Parrish. Add JP Willis, Evans. Incomplete but foundation is promising.

7) Will we have 33 million(?) for free agents/ Clements/ -Doesnt it make you believe Marv said Dick "coach 2006 for later"? Consider how the kid gloves have come off offensive game plan. Consider how basic the Defense was today and how effective.

8) Is Takeo done? If he has indeed lost a step would not tight end be a great place for him. He and Peters are the most amazing specimens I have seen since Cookie Gilchrist who was in class apart.

9) Which is highest need? WR or Def Line or Off Line or Linebacker?

amend

10) Is not Jauron worthy of high praise. He is perfect for this collection of young players. There are horses for courses and coaches for teams "in progress". At this stage DJ is perfect. Imagine an impatient " win for ME now" Parcells?

Imagine an impatient " win for ME now" Parcells?

OK, I'm imagining.................

<insert dreamy music and wavering video>

Hey look, the Bills are 9-4, battling for teh division lead and about to at least wrap up a playoff spot when they trounce the phish this week.

Hey look, the Bills are 9-4, battling for teh division lead and about to at least wrap up a playoff spot when they trounce the phish this week.

862734[/snapback]

My point is some coaches especially Parcells is in it for HIS legacy..........At best the Bills could be 8 and 5 at this juncture. Should not have lost to woeful Lions and beaten either Jets at home (most likely) or Pats on road. The timing of the latter two losses was not good and if those games were played now I think we would likely win both. But my main point is that this team is a work in progress and while the braintrust did not hope to lose they were not surprised that with liberal sprinkling- more like a heavy rain- of rookies and a young qb that losses will occur. This team is being nurtured and do not be surprised if in next three games they lay an egg or two. Fortunately the trade up for Brady Quinn choral is now mute.

Hey look, the Bills are in their 4th year under Jauron and have a talented team on both sides of the ball.

Highest need...still offensive line...with defensive tackle coming a close second. Then we could always use tight ends and linebackers, although I'm starting to wonder whether those needs are all that glaring. I think we have the corps of a pretty darn good team.

I'd love to see us make a real statement against three good teams the remainder of the season. Playoffs or not, I'd love to see us take it to the fish, the titans and the ravens.

Highest need...still offensive line...with defensive tackle coming a close second.  Then we could always use tight ends and linebackers, although I'm starting to wonder whether those needs are all that glaring.  I think we have the corps of a pretty darn good team. 

I'd love to see us make a real statement against three good teams the remainder of the season.  Playoffs or not, I'd love to see us take it to the fish, the titans and the ravens.

862844[/snapback]

May very well be that "lack of production" from tight end was caused by the need to maintain max protection. Did the offensive explosion hide the weak underbelly of this team that is to stop opponents in waning moments of 4th quarter? Stopping the run is paramount so I would go for linebacker or defensive tackle.

Also I quite agree we should win out. Some years I have hoped we would lose out in order mto improve draft picks but this is a team on the come. Retaining what we have and adding spare parts.....