Witherspoon Must Go!

Steven in MD

Maybe UB should join one of those tinkertoy conferences.  Your posts show me you have no idea what you're talking about.  Reggie Witherspoon is on the short list of almost every major basketball program looking at a coaching change right now.  Luckily, Reg is a Buffalo guy and committed to making UB into a basketball power.  UB is damn fortunate to have a coach like him.

PTR

861541[/snapback]

I guess we can agree to disagree...only time will tell.

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Let's see how about making a play for the following coaches:

1. Albany HC

2. Stony Brook HC

3. Binghampton HC

All 3 of those schools have a better chance of making it to the big dance.  You make it sound like the MAC is the ACC, SEC or Big Ten.  The MAC is a mid-major that puts a SINGLE team in the tournament every year.

861506[/snapback]

WTF?? Albany is 4-4, Stony Brook is 3-5, and Binghamton is 3-4. Wow, talk about your programs on the rise. :thumbsup: Yeah, I totally see it your way now. I'd much rather have whoever coaches those teams than Witherspoon.

Buffalo State, Fredonia, Brockport, Oneonta.

Hey, I can name random SUNY schools too!

I'm convinced this thread was started as a joke.

WTF??  Albany is 4-4, Stony Brook is 3-5, and Binghamton is 3-4.  Wow, talk about your programs on the rise.  :thumbsup:  Yeah, I totally see it your way now.  I'd much rather have whoever coaches those teams than Witherspoon.

Buffalo State, Fredonia, Brockport, Oneonta. 

Hey, I can name random SUNY schools too! 

I'm convinced this thread was started as a joke.

862370[/snapback]

Like I said, we can agree to disagree. I am NOT a fan of Witherspoon...sorry that I do not agree with the masses, but I have the right to my opinion even though it is different than yours.

This thread was never a joke...sorry to disappoint you.

Like I said, we can agree to disagree.  I am NOT a fan of Witherspoon...sorry that I do not agree with the masses, but I have the right to my opinion even though it is different than yours.

862380[/snapback]

Not disappointed. Just flabbergasted.

Like I said, we can agree to disagree.  I am NOT a fan of Witherspoon...sorry that I do not agree with the masses, but I have the right to my opinion even though it is different than yours.

862380[/snapback]

While you are definitely entitled to your opinion, it is horribly wrong. :thumbsup:

When was the last time UB was one of the top stories on Sportscenter or even discussed on the wall? And don't give me this crap that Cohane had this program going in the right direction. Witherspoon is the best thing that has ever happened to the UB athletic program.

And for some reason I was under the impression that the #2 overall team in the country was supposed to be good. :lol: Silly me. And if you watched the game, the commentators stated that the last play was a play they had been practicing before the game. He was draining them in practice and made one earlier in the game. He was wide open and just missed.

And again you are entitled to your opinions but try not to be so wrong next time. :nana: Have a good nite.

While you are definitely entitled to your opinion, it is horribly wrong.  :thumbsup:

When was the last time UB was one of the top stories on Sportscenter or even discussed on the wall?  And don't give me this crap that Cohane had this program going in the right direction.  Witherspoon is the best thing that has ever happened to the UB athletic program.

And for some reason I was under the impression that the #2 overall team in the country was supposed to be good.    :lol:  Silly me.  And if you watched the game, the commentators stated that the last play was a play they had been practicing before the game.  He was draining them in practice and made one earlier in the game.  He was wide open and just missed.

And again you are entitled to your opinions but try not to be so wrong next time.  :nana:  Have a good nite.

862480[/snapback]

Interesting how an opinion is wrong...a fact can be wrong, but not an opinion. You may be right, I may be crazy, but it might just be a lunatic you are looking for. Remember this thread in 3 years when UB finishes 2nd in the MAC for the 3rd straight year and does not make it to the Big Dance. You might see that Reggie has taken this program as far as he can.....I give him credit for taking this team to where it is today. I just think it is time for UB to find the coach that can take this team to the next level.

And...this coach is at Stony Brook?

862617[/snapback]

The coaches I mentioned were sarcastic. I honestly could not tell you names of coaches that are realistic for this program. Warde Manual would know the assistant coaches at the top programs. For example, an assistant from Memphis or Louisville. That is the kind of coach I would like to see. I was very impressed with the selection of Turner Gill in football. We need that kind of hire for basketball.

• 2 weeks later...
How quickly you forget March 2005? I still think the Bulls got a bad draw and should of gone to the Tourney.

861272[/snapback]

I didn't forget March 2005. Witherspoon managed the end of the Ohio game in the MAC Championship as poorly as a coach possibly could. UB had the last shot and had Battle dribbling up top, and Witherspoon calls timeout with ~5 seconds remaining....Tard move #1. Call t.o. with 11 secs left and give your team a chance to run a play with multiple options, plus a rebound opportunity. Then the play he draws up? Senior Turner Battle, who hit big game-winning shots all year? Nope. A rushed set (because of the little time left) culminating with a tentative 18-foot jumper from a big man. No time for a rebound. Nice Reggie.

maybe b/c ALbany is in a terrible division, while UB plays in a very tough under-rated one...

861408[/snapback]

I agree, the America East is weak. But two years ago, #14 seeded A-East champ Vermont knocked off #3 seed Syracuse. And last year, Albany came dangerously close to becoming the first #16 to knock off a #1, as they led UConn by as many as 10 in the second half.

The MAC is decent, but let's not get carried away.

Are you ^%#!ing KIDDING ME ?!?!?!?

You want to see some putrid coaching, why don't you come on down to Olean? Better yet, send Witherspoon -- if y'all don't want him any more, we'll take him in a friggin' heartbeat.

RW stinks, because he can't close the deal against the #2 team in the country. Nothing personal, Steven, but you're delusional.

You want to see some putrid coaching, why don't you come on down to Olean? Better yet, send Witherspoon -- if y'all don't want him any more, we'll take him in a friggin' heartbeat.

RW stinks, because he can't close the deal against the #2 team in the country. Nothing personal, Steven, but you're delusional.

875220[/snapback]

Oh, and about Delaware State: NIT last season (after losing in the championship game of their tourney), NCAA the year before, and picked to win a third straight regular-season conference title.

875220[/snapback]

Couldn't agree more, Lori. Solomon is pathetic. I am actually dreading the trip to the KAC tomorrow to watch them get destroyed by Canisius (but I'll do it anyways). As for Reggie, just have to say that he and I graduated from Sweet Home High together in '79. He was the nicest guy in school and liked by everyone. No pretense about him despite being the star athlete and I am thrilled for his success at UB. His coaching skill is obvious and he is the primary reason UB is a program on the rise. Those criticizing him are out of their minds.

Oh, and about Delaware State: NIT last season (after losing in the championship game of their tourney), NCAA the year before, and picked to win a third straight regular-season conference title.

875223[/snapback]

The team was 2-8 (now 3-8). The game was a home game for the Bulls. I am not talking just about the blown lose to Pitt, I am talking about where this team is going into the MAC schedule.

We shall see how this season plays out, but I imagine a 15 win season at best.

Couldn't agree more, Lori. Solomon is pathetic. I am actually dreading the trip to the KAC tomorrow to watch them get destroyed by Canisius (but I'll do it anyways). As for Reggie, just have to say that he and I graduated from Sweet Home High together in '79. He was the nicest guy in school and liked by everyone. No pretense about him despite being the star athlete and I am thrilled for his success at UB. His coaching skill is obvious and he is the primary reason UB is a program on the rise. Those criticizing him are out of their minds.

875373[/snapback]

I'm done, Bob. Like I said over on the Bandwagon, if Slo is back next year, I won't be. He's a nice guy, trying to do things the right way (as opposed to the <expletive deleted> who got us into this mess), but the man CANNOT COACH. If they lose by double digits to the hated Griffs - as I fear - it's going to get ugly down here. Errr, uglier.

• 1 month later...