Police Release Video of Crash

5 Wide

The Video

State police have released video showing the crash that killed Justin Strzelczyk, a former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and standout at West Seneca West High School.

Strzelczyk was killed in a fiery collision on the thruway east of Syracuse last October.

The accident that killed Strzelczyk, a 1986 graduate of West Seneca West, closed a stretch of the Thruway, and occurred at the end of a 40-mile police pursuit of his pickup truck, which crashed into a chemical tanker....

The Video

State police have released video showing the crash that killed Justin Strzelczyk, a former member of the Pittsburgh Steelers and standout at West Seneca West High School.

Strzelczyk was killed in a fiery collision on the thruway east of Syracuse last October.

The accident that killed Strzelczyk, a 1986 graduate of West Seneca West, closed a stretch of the Thruway, and occurred at the end of a 40-mile police pursuit of his pickup truck, which crashed into a chemical tanker....

860489[/snapback]

That's unbelieveable. Watch how fast the pickup truck flies by in the left lanes of traffic at like, the 3 second mark of the video.

I think it was a bit of both

860511[/snapback]

I Googled him to find some articles on his death. Police found no evidence of drugs or alcohol in his blood. Mental illness is probably more like it. Apparently, he rammed two cars from behind which caused police to try to stop him, causing him to flee and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sad, but at least no other innocents were hurt seriously.

The truck driver did suffer minor injuries in the crash.

Pretty scary stuff, driving on the wrong side of the freeway ? Drunk or suicide ?

Suicide. There were no drugs or alcohol in his system. He was bi-polar and off his meds. The alleged beer bottles that he threw out his windows at the troopers trying to stop him near Baldwinsville turned out to be soda bottles.

This clip was shown on a follow story on ESPN a few months after the incident.

I Googled him to find some articles on his death. Police found no evidence of drugs or alcohol in his blood. Mental illness is probably more like it. Apparently, he rammed two cars from behind which caused police to try to stop him, causing him to flee and drive on the wrong side of the road.

Sad, but at least no other innocents were hurt seriously.

The truck driver did suffer minor injuries in the crash.

860517[/snapback]

That's awful...what a senseless ending to a life

Suicide.  There were no drugs or alcohol in his system.  He was bi-polar and off his meds.  The alleged beer bottles that he threw out his windows at the troopers trying to stop him near Baldwinsville turned out to be soda bottles.

This clip was shown on a follow story on ESPN a few months after the incident.

860520[/snapback]

I knew I saw this clip elsewhere. It is a pretty sad story. THe ESPN story had interviews of his girlfriend and it also featured some hom movies along with some pictures.