Arrived Safe in Iraq

gflande1

Hey everyone,

Just wanted to let you all know that I arrived safely in Iraq a few days ago. I posted that I was deploying last week and was looking for someone to send me copies of Bills games I will miss while I am gone. Anyway, doesnt seem like I am missing much.

I have a much bigger request for everyone here on the board...helping the Iraqi children. The base I am located at has the largest Trauma 1 hospitals in Iraq. Obviously injured soldiers go through here, many critical, some unfortunately dead. Iraqi children are also brought through this hospital, many with severe injuries, and some having lost their entire family. The hospital here is requesting donations of children’s clothing and toys be sent as they are not equipped the handle this overwhelming issue. If you would like to send something, you can send them to me and I will ensure it makes it to the hospital. Fortunately for me, I am only here for a short period of time, so send it soon (priority takes approx 9 days), the end of this month might be too late.

I will try to work out a thank you letter or something for everyone the sends something.

TSgt Glen Flanders

332 AEW, 332 EFS/OPS

APO AE 09315-9997

Take Care,

Glen

Hope your safe there man.. I did both deployments Af and Iraq...

As far as the children there, stay away from the little bastards in the city. We lost many windshields from those little brick throwing ass clowns!

The small village ones are very bad off. They are just the nicest and loving kids. They love Bazooka bubble gum and taffy if anyone wants to send a bag.