Week 14 betting ... jump early

Wow. I just read an article and I certainly am going to be jumping on a few lines covered in the article.

Detroit -2 home vs Vikings

Tenn +2 away vs Houston

Other interesting picks in the article:

Ravens +3 in KC

Falcons -3 vs Tampa

Denver/Chargers over 42

Also just saw Indi -2 at Jacksonville (I look for Indi to be hungry after the embarassing loss last week)

I ain't touching detroit..things are such a mess over there but you never know

which team is going to show up. Roy Williams came out and called the team hopeless in essence. They want millen fired bad...I went to the phins/lions game and it was embarassing.

What a contrast too from ford field to the ralph. Ford field is nice but they just can't get the fans into it..no atmosphere, when the lions are on d..man the place is silent, not like the ralph at all.

I like Tennessee though

No comments? Wow. Who does everyone else have?

858324[/snapback]

As usual I hate your picks. :)

Don't really strongly disagree, it's just a tough week overall IMO. The Colts never have been a team that really feeds off emotion or anger - they're very mechanical. If Manning doesn't play great they're going to struggle, if he does they win. If I were to go w/ a road favorite I'd prefer Philly or Seattle over Indy or Atlanta.

Leaning Miami +3.5 and NO +7 as the games I like most, but I'll probly just take the week off.

As usual I hate your picks.  :w00t:

Don't really strongly disagree, it's just a tough week overall IMO.  The Colts never have been a team that really feeds off emotion or anger - they're very mechanical.  If Manning doesn't play great they're going to struggle, if he does they win.  If I were to go w/ a road favorite I'd prefer Philly or Seattle over Indy or Atlanta.

Leaning Miami +3.5 and NO +7 as the games I like most, but I'll probly just take the week off.

859230[/snapback]

Im riding a 3 week winning streak ... gotta keep workin ahead.

Wow. I just read an article and I certainly am going to be jumping on a few lines covered in the article.

Tenn +2 away vs Houston

Ravens +3 in KC

Falcons -3 vs Tampa

Denver/Chargers over 42

Also just saw Indi -2 at Jacksonville (I look for Indi to be hungry after the embarassing loss last week)

857472[/snapback]

Thats like half the games :w00t: ... may as well toss a coin. Without knowing the injury report... My favorite pick is Tenn +2 My least favorite is Ravens +3, in fact i like the chiefs at -3. Baltimore is overrated, and I think Buffalo will beat them in their stadium. Indy has lost their invincibility, which lets the opposing team BELIEVE they can beat them which has alot to do with positive thinking and motivation = easier to win.

Thats like half the games  :doh:  ... may as well toss a coin.  Without knowing the injury report... My favorite pick is Tenn +2  My least favorite is Ravens +3, in fact i like the chiefs at -3.  Baltimore is overrated, and I think Buffalo will beat them in their stadium.  Indy has lost their invincibility, which lets the opposing team BELIEVE they can beat them which has  alot to do with positive thinking and motivation = easier to win.

859345[/snapback]

Sorry I didnt make it more clear ... those are all the picks I will probably bet on ... but I will be doing probably 3 different parlays of 2 or 3 games each. See what I mean?

Baltimore is overrated? :w00t: They have beaten San Diego, NO, Cinci, Atlanta, and Pitt by a combined 63 points. Those are teams win a combined 36-24 record by an average of over 12 points a match.

Indi I agree with on principle ... but I dont see them losing to a team that Buffalo and Houston(2x) beat.

As usual I hate your picks.  :w00t:

Don't really strongly disagree, it's just a tough week overall IMO.  The Colts never have been a team that really feeds off emotion or anger - they're very mechanical.  If Manning doesn't play great they're going to struggle, if he does they win.  If I were to go w/ a road favorite I'd prefer Philly or Seattle over Indy or Atlanta.

859230[/snapback]

Stay away from any team being QB'd by Jeff Garcia, too hot and cold.

Baltimore is overrated?  :w00t: They have beaten San Diego, NO, Cinci, Atlanta, and Pitt by a combined 63 points. Those are teams win a combined 36-24 record by an average of over 12 points a match.

859346[/snapback]

They beat SD by 3 at home in a Sept. game which they were outplayed for 55 minutes. Cincy they beat at home by 6 thanks to a defensive TD, and they lost @Cincy by 6 in a game that wasn't that close. Atlanta stinks, Pitt is 'meh', @NO is their only really impressive win in that bunch.

They beat SD by 3 at home in a Sept. game which they were outplayed for 55 minutes.  Cincy they beat at home by 6 thanks to a defensive TD, and they lost @Cincy by 6 in a game that wasn't that close.  Atlanta stinks, Pitt is 'meh', @NO is their only really impressive win in that bunch.

859516[/snapback]

Wow. :)

Note to self: disregard everything BuffOrange says about betting from now on and keep riding your own winning streak. End note.

They beat SD by 3 at home in a Sept. game which they were outplayed for 55 minutes.  Cincy they beat at home by 6 thanks to a defensive TD, and they lost @Cincy by 6 in a game that wasn't that close.  Atlanta stinks, Pitt is 'meh', @NO is their only really impressive win in that bunch.

859516[/snapback]

The SD game doesn't count because they won it at the end? The Cincinatti game doesn't count because they scored a defensive TD? They won these games, end of story. The only way I question the outcome of a game is if there's a really bad call by a ref that decides it.

The SD game doesn't count because they won it at the end? The Cincinatti game doesn't count because they scored a defensive TD? They won these games, end of story.

859935[/snapback]

Thats what I was thinking. As far as I'm concerned, Baltimore is coming off of an embarrassing loss to Cinci, and should come back fired up.

Tenn +2 away vs Houston

Ravens +3 in KC

Falcons -3 vs Tampa

Denver/Chargers over 42

857472[/snapback]

I realize that odds change based on where the money is placed, but is it generally wise to plunk down before the Thursday injury scratches are published?

I realize that odds change based on where the money is placed, but is it generally wise to plunk down before the Thursday injury scratches are published?

860600[/snapback]

There is some relevance to that, but for the most part you know when a key player is out or not. If McNabb slides out of bounds in a game the previous week and is carted off of the field, then NO I wouldn't bet on Phili the next week unless I knew for sure it was just something minor and he would play ... but if it is Indi and there #3 WR is questionable, I could care less. Harrison, Wayne, Addai (been on fire lately) are all fine, then I'm not too worried. See what I mean?

P.S. I dont put large amounts of money down before Saturday anyhow.