Pooch wins

But it wasn't tipped.  So, that's not an issue.  The refs were not signalling that it was tipped, either.  ( I just reviewed it on the DVR. Tasker said it was the "official rule" on the field, but the official on the sideline right next to the play did not signal that it was tipped.)  So, how can you sit here and say that was a perfectly legitimate call by the refs?  They obviously got it wrong and yet I should conclude that its no big deal? 

Perhaps if that was the only call in the game they got wrong, I could.  But that was one of several - all in favor of SD.  So how can you say the refs did not influence the outcome of the game in the favor of SD?

855821[/snapback]

I don't have the luxury of watching the replays. Was there another official on the field who signaled tip?

I don't have the luxury of watching the replays.  Was there another official on the field who signaled tip?

855833[/snapback]

Not that I saw. That was my point. I never saw anyone signal tip, so who thoguht it was tipped? Upon review, there was a sidejudge, almost right beside the play - I'd say about 2-4 yards down field. He was in great position. And all he signaled was no catch.

Not that I saw.  That was my point.  I never saw anyone signal tip, so who thoguht it was tipped?  Upon review, there was a sidejudge, almost right beside the play - I'd say about 2-4 yards down field.  He was in great position.  And all he signaled was no catch.

855846[/snapback]

But you do admit there could have been an official that signaled tip correct? Because unless you were at the game and looking at every official in the area you can't be sure.

But you do admit there could have been an official that signaled tip correct?  Because unless you were at the game and looking at every official in the area you can't be sure.

855849[/snapback]

True. It's definitely possible. But, how much credibility does the call have if the guy within 5 yards of the play doesn't call it, but a guy ?? some greater number of yards away, whose primary responsiblity is watching other aspects of the play, makes the call? And then there's no conference to see what the guy right beside the call saw.

I'm tellin you, they just blew this call. Plain and simple.

True.  It's definitely possible.  But, how much credibility does the call have if the guy within 5 yards of the play doesn't call it, but a guy ?? some greater number of yards away, whose primary responsiblity is watching other aspects of the play, makes the call?  And then there's no conference to see what the guy right beside the call saw.

I'm tellin you, they just blew this call.  Plain and simple.

855858[/snapback]

They may very well have, but please don't say it was done to shaft the Bills.

They may very well have, but please don't say it was done to shaft the Bills.

855862[/snapback]

Ok. I'll try not to. But, they blew several calls and it definitely made it harder for us to win.

Granted, the playcalling and coaching prior to the half didn't help us either. I was screaming at the half, that those points would probably cost us the game. And at face value they did.