Any trades before deadline?

freester

Getting back to the question, no, I don't think there will be a trade before the deadline for the Bills.  Too bad.  It would be nice to be able to bring in a quality center and guard.

61908[/snapback]

Absolutely, this is the aspect of football that I wish was more like the other major sports, would be nice if the trading deadline was a little later and if it could be used to rebuild/make a deal to go for broke

Getting back to the question, no, I don't think there will be a trade before the deadline for the Bills.  Too bad.  It would be nice to be able to bring in a quality center and guard.

61908[/snapback]

Isn't the term "quality center" an oxymoron?

No, I think i remember hearing it... but it seems so long ago... hmmm... Hull... Hull, you magnificent bastard.

Absolutely, this is the aspect of football that I wish was more like the other major sports, would be nice if the trading deadline was a little later and if it could be used to rebuild/make a deal to go for broke

61910[/snapback]

I don't like the NHL's trade deadline. I mean, its like a week before the playoffs. So, you're playing on a crappy team all year, and now you're going to the playoffs. Or, worse, the reverse scenario.

Isn't the term "quality center" an oxymoron? 

No, I think i remember hearing it... but it seems so long ago... hmmm... Hull... Hull, you magnificent bastard.

61911[/snapback]

I hear ya. Hull is one of my all-time favorite Bills, if not my favorite. He's the one I want to see in Canton someday. I realize it probably won't happen, but he does have the credentials to make it.

I don't like the NHL's trade deadline. I mean, its like a week before the playoffs. So, you're playing on a crappy team all year, and now you're going to the playoffs. Or, worse, the reverse scenario.

61913[/snapback]

I agree that the NHL's deadline is a little too late, should be Feb 15th instead of the middle of March...just wish the NFL's deadline was Week 9 or something close to that, and that it was easier to make a deal

Has there been any trade activity in the NHL?

61929[/snapback]

Yes...I heard 90% of the players are trading in their sticks for brooms.....cause when they get back to playing there is going to be plenty of dust to sweep out of those arenas!

I thought he was getting squeezed out by Washington anyway.

61958[/snapback]

No. Warrick for some reason gets bad press. Averaged over 60 catches/year in his career, is a superior blocker, is fearless underneath, and has a very fat catch-for-a first-down number.

Washington is to date pretty much a sideline streaker. He has promise, but isn't close to sitting Warrick.

BTW, if you happen to come across a CIN game before/after the BUF tilt, be sure to keep an eye on Madieu Williams, the S/CB you pointed out before the draft ( B'gals jersey #40) as we have discussed upon occasion - 3rd rounder (B'gals had 2 of them; 1 compensatory because of the TKO deal).

Strong praise, I understand, but after 4 starts at db/fs/ss I'm getting Rod Woodson-type vibes about him.