We need to see some progress

jahnyc

I know this is an obvious point, but as Bills fans we really need to start seeing some progress with this team. Certainly game over game and, considering our season last year, progress from last year. Why am I raising this? Because we need to feel that things are going to get better this season so that we don't focus on next year and the years after. I think it is very normal when your team is losing and things seem bleak that you begin to consider whether things will improve in the future. For example, since I can't enjoy and focus on the start of our season this year, I instead focus on (i) the fact that we don't have a number one pick next year, (ii) Jennings and Williams becoming free agents with little talent to replace them and (iii) the status of our management team (i.e., TD). This is what breeds the negativity and why we need the team to start winning some games. The team and the fans have lost confidence and we need to win to start regaining it.

Agreed.

Whenever those preseason "how will we do" or "what will our record be" posts appear, I usually don't answer those, because I don't get into the numbers part. The only thing I'd like is to NOT have the same damn discussion every offseason (OL problems, Bledsoe's ineffective play, poor coverage by safeties, lack of pass rush). It would be nice to be able to note how some, if not all, of those problems were properly addressed by the Bills and then be able to discuss how much better they looked after those adjustments. We can dream, I guess.

I also agree. But I could live with our poor TE and S play if we made serious attempts to improve the O line and pass rush. No team is stacked across the board but S and TE would look better if our blocking and pressure were solid. Imagine how good our defense would be if we could actually get consistent pressure only rushing 4 guys.

Frez, I don't know if there is a way to fix it with the players on this roster. I guess we'll have to hope they improve enough that they can be good for some QB pressure. Since we haven't seen much to date, I'm not that optimistic that it will happen. I hope I'm wrong.

I promised myself that I was going to focus on beating the Jets and not on (i) our poor playing o-line, (ii) our d-line not providing pass rushing pressure, (iii) our first round pick from last year not playing (this year and last), (iv) the fact we don't have a number one pick next year, (v) our impending free agents, (vi) our lack of replacements for our injured players and our impending free agents, (vii) the failure of guys like Williams, Reed, Wire, Crowell and Denny to develop, (viii) our poor discipline and unintelligent play, and (ix) our new head coach lacking prior head coaching experience.

Good thing I am only focusing on the Jets.

Donahoe's boys all are just average or maybe even below that. Even when we blitz we can't muster a sack.

Ryan Denny, Aaron Schobel and Chris Kelsay

How can we fix this? ;)

61909[/snapback]

Vinc Wilfork would have helped a lot to push the pocket