Teague to start at left tackle next year

freester

How can anyone say the line is "playing well"?

The Bills are in the bottom 10 in rushing offense, passing offense, and scoring offense.

OK, maybe you can pin the passing game all on Bledsoe, but how is he a factor in the completely crappy running game? Of course, Travis Henry takes the heat for that. The line would be so much better with a new QB and RB. :D

How can anyone say the line is "playing well"?

The Bills are in the bottom 10 in rushing offense, passing offense, and scoring offense.

OK, maybe you can pin the passing game all on Bledsoe, but how is he a factor in the completely crappy running game?  Of course, Travis Henry takes the heat for that.  The line would be so much better with a new QB and RB.  :D

63037[/snapback]

In Ray's defense, he did say the unit was playing "fairly" well. Me, I think they're coming along, but nobody can talk me out of my opinion that Teague has greatly inproved and has been playing well. He'll be missed against NYJ. I expect them to do alot of blitzing up the middle to challenge Tucker...

All right: I admit our offense is doing poorly in both passing and running. It might not be the line though. Defenses are sending a lot of blitzes up the middle. If we run the ball up the middle, the blitzing linebacker makes the tackle. If we throw, the extra blitzer sacks Bledsoe.

We can't run it to the outside that well, because Travis is more of a between-the-tackles type runner. We can't have the QB roll out of the pocket, because Drew isn't any kind of a runner at all. It would be nice to use our backs as extra blockers on passing downs, but the only back who can block (McGahee) doesn't see a lot of snaps. In fact I believe that McGahee (when healthy) will solve a lot of our problems, because he will be able to be a better outside runner than Travis.

I think this is likely.  No way is jonas back.  If tucker can play decent at center, this is a likely scenario.

61581[/snapback]

That is not going to happen. If anything he'll be cut, or playing RT. LT is too important.

Debatable whether Losman's agility makes the line "better", or merely covers up some of their faults. Only 27 sacks given up in 1999 (the year DF played all but the last game), but there were 97 rushing attempts by Bills QBs, and Bills RBs only averaged 3.6 ypc that season. Everyone thought the line was better, but it was only because Flutie was more adept at getting away......

Back to this year. I'd agree, the O-line has been taking some unwarranted flak. They certainly aren't the Hogs or the '67 Packers, but they could use a little help from RBs/TEs not blowing their blitz pickups, too. And we're well aware that Drew doesn't have Doug's wheels. The Bills might be giving up 5 sacks/game, but the line certainly isn't to blame for all of them...

Considering that any chance of developing cohesiveness in camp/preseason was sabotaged by the Williams situation, I'm cautiously optimistic that they'll get better, not worse, as the season goes on.

Optimistic, or maybe just hopeful.

62433[/snapback]

Great post Lori. I dont think that this is a good OL, but they would look much better with a little support, especially from the backs.