Penn State Gets To Play Purdue Next

R. Rich

Any of you PSU fans regret giving up your independent status yet?  The BIG 10 doesn't have alot of cupcakes in it.

67300[/snapback]

They're in a down period. It would be the same whether they were independent too. It just would manifest itself in a bowl game, where they'd be exposed, or in a big matchup on the regular season schedule. Remember, they did very well their first few seasons in the Big 11.

Any of you PSU fans regret giving up your independent status yet?  The BIG 10 doesn't have alot of cupcakes in it.

67300[/snapback]

I just liked it when PSU was an independent because their schedule was more exciting IMO...personally i dont like any conferences at all, the tradition of them is slowly fading away anyways with teams moving all around

67300[/snapback]

The move hasn't done our winning percentage in football any favors, for sure, but as far as the overall athletics dept. is concerned we're right where we should be - in a conference with (mostly) similar-size State Us. The move was for financial reasons as much as anything else - if we'd stayed in the A-10 for hoops, we'd still be playing in Rec Hall. But with our cut of the Big 10's BCS and NCAA Tourney $$$$, we're no longer depending on football revenue to pay for the rest of our varsity sports.

Do I miss Pitt, Alabama, and Notre Dame? Sure. But I don't miss getting beat up in the rankings because "the East is weak", and I don't miss the Browns, Colgates, and William-and-Marys that used to fill out the schedules...

This topic is OLD. A NEW topic should be started unless there is a very specific reason to revive this one.