Unsung hero

ieatcrayonz

Cieslak made a few great plays today. It is nice to have a TE as a weapon for a change.

I can't get over his funny name though. Remeber the Cieslaks from that old Saturday morning show The Land of the Lost? They were these weird reptiles that move slowly and hissed. i wonder if he keeps playing well if we'll see some Cieslak masks in the stands.

Remember the traitor Cieslak, Willie?  He was great.

849102[/snapback]

I don't remember him. Was he friends with Chaka?

What if every time Cieslak makes a catch they put some old film of the Cieslaks hissing up on the Jumbotron? That would be cool.

I think there have been stories for a long time that Cieslak was going to be a player. I was shocked when Ryan Neufeld was on the roster at the end of training camp and Cieslak was only on the practice squad. I always thought Neufeld was one of the biggest wastes of a roster spot. i am sure others will disagree.

What if every time Cieslak makes a catch they put some old film of the Cieslaks hissing up on the Jumbotron?  That would be cool.

849118[/snapback]

The dark side of the Banana Splits empire ? Cieslak wasn't even born in '74, don't traumatize the poor boy with the damned jumbotron.

The creatures in the Land of the Lost TV series were "sleestaks".

Land of the Lost was a 1974–1976 TV series relating the adventures of the Marshall family (including Will and Holly and their father, later replaced by their uncle). The Marshalls become trapped in a pocket universe populated by dinosaurs, ape-like creatures called Pakuni, and lizard-like creatures named Sleestak.

Cieslak made a few great plays today.  It is nice to have a TE as a weapon for a change.

I can't get over his funny name though.  Remeber the Cieslaks from that old Saturday morning show The Land of the Lost?  They were these weird reptiles that move slowly and hissed.  i wonder if he keeps playing well if we'll see some Cieslak masks in the stands.

849094[/snapback]

What amazed me most from being at the game yesterday was that Cieslak possess an uncanny ability to get open. He was open alot more than he was thrown to. Another great up and comer, see ya Everett.

The creatures in the Land of the Lost TV series were "sleestaks".

Land of the Lost was a 1974–1976 TV series relating the adventures of the Marshall family (including Will and Holly and their father, later replaced by their uncle). The Marshalls become trapped in a pocket universe populated by dinosaurs, ape-like creatures called Pakuni, and lizard-like creatures named Sleestak.

849259[/snapback]

Well, I spelled it wrong but I was correct that it is pronounced like Cieslak's name. See my link below.

Seeslaks

It 's funny how memories fade over the years. I'm sure you weren't trying to be obnoxious or look like a know-it-all. You just thought of them as "Sleestaks" for years and it stuck in your memory that way. It's kind of like OJ really believing he did not kill his wife.

I don't think Cieslak did anything special - the difference in this game vs. any other is that the coaches finally included the tight ends in the game plan. Neufeld has the only TD catch out of any of our tight ends - I wouldn't say he was a waste of a roster spot. The coaches saw something that made them keep Neufeld over Cieslak (I move I agree with) - no doubt that will be an interesting camp battle between those two again next year.