Roscoe being carried off field

millbank

Yeah, will that penalty ever be called in a game of football at ANY level?  What kind of textbook example are the refs waiting for?  I'm guessing the day a QB stands on the hands of two RBs and they launch him over the pile that maybe a ref could reach for his pocket.

848983[/snapback]

I seem to vaguely remember the Bills getting flagged once for a player launching himself off another player. I think it was on a field goal.

I seem to vaguely remember the Bills getting flagged once for a player launching himself off another player.  I think it was on a field goal.

849158[/snapback]

Yep, that's definitely illegal and gets called plenty. If you use another player for leverage to attempt a FG block, that's a flag that usually gets called, especially if it ends up getting blocked because it's so apparent.

The ENTIRE Packer offense can jump into the crowd at Lambeau, but in Buffalo, Jerry Austins' crack staff of officials calls the Bills for excessive celebration? When will the NFL ever get a uniformed set of rules for every franchise? THAT would be NICE!!!! That kind of call is unmitigated bullsh_t!!!

The game annoucer was saying something bout Thomas grabbing Roscoe and helping him keep his balance as being illegal.....

I was like WTF is that about...

848961[/snapback]

there is a rule that says one player can not help (carry or pickup) another player from falling down.

Thomas grabbed Parrish's jursey because he was stumbling and about to fall. Thomas was trying to keep him from falling. the refs didnt call it but that could have been called illegal.

pushing another player forward is also illegall, but RARELY called. a player is allowed to push a pile, but not a specific player. and since, in a larege pile, its almost imposible to see exactly who any one player is pushing, they dont call it.

as for the jumping in to the stands penalty... that was bull sh--. it has happend on several diffrent times with no flag. Fletchers TDs come to mind. i think Hargrove jumped in to the stands with fletcher and no penalty was called. unless the refs specifically warned the players i think its a bull sh-- call. it gave the jags the ball on the 50 and great field position to do something.

there is a rule that says one player can not help (carry or pickup) another player from falling down.

Thomas grabbed Parrish's jursey because he was stumbling and about to fall. Thomas was trying to keep him from falling. the refs didnt call it but that could have been called illegal.

pushing another player forward is also illegall, but RARELY called. a player is allowed to push a pile, but not a specific player. and since, in a larege pile, its almost imposible to see exactly who any one player is pushing, they dont call it.

as for the jumping in to the stands penalty... that was bull sh--. it has happend on several diffrent times with no flag. Fletchers TDs come to mind. i think Hargrove jumped in to the stands with fletcher and no penalty was called. unless the refs specifically warned the players i think its a bull sh-- call. it gave the jags the ball on the 50 and great field position to do something.

850595[/snapback]

They only called it cause the white boys jumped into the stands too. Racists.

(Leonhard and DiGiorgio were the 2nd and 3rd guys into the stands) :lol::D

They only called it cause the white boys jumped into the stands too. Racists.

(Leonhard and DiGiorgio were the 2nd and 3rd guys into the stands) :thumbsup:  :censored:

850602[/snapback]

yep, but heres the problem with that assertion. Those boys being WHITE, they had no hops and didn't actually MAKE it into the stands, therefore no penalty should have been called

On the other hand, had they been brotha's, maybe the penaly would have actually been justified, as they would have actually made into the stands :wallbash: