It's only TWO games

TheMadCap

Yeah, because that has worked for the past 10.

848414[/snapback]

Winning this game and winning last year vs the bengals is a huge difference. Especialy considering we have a very young team. It shows they're growing into their roles. High draft picks dont gurantee overnight sucess and seeing game winning drives by our young qb is well worth it from a confidence building standpoint.

Winning this game and winning last year vs the bengals is a huge difference. Especialy considering we have a very young team.  It shows they're growing into their roles.  High draft picks dont gurantee overnight sucess and seeing game winning drives by our young qb is well worth it from a confidence building standpoint.

848436[/snapback]

Deja Vu, broken record, echo.......call it what you want, but this same thing is said every single year.

Winning this game and winning last year vs the bengals is a huge difference. Especialy considering we have a very young team.  It shows they're growing into their roles.  High draft picks dont gurantee overnight sucess and seeing game winning drives by our young qb is well worth it from a confidence building standpoint.

848436[/snapback]

I'd much rather have Donte Whitner right now than Mario Williams, given what both are paid.

Drafting in the top 3 guarantees nothing. It's about drafting well, not drafting high.

Are they going to make the playoffs? Nope. What's the point in winning and getting a crappier draft pick?

848400[/snapback]

Friggin idiot.

If they are 3 - 12 going into the last game, I could care less if they win. Lose, get the better draft pick, woo-friggin-hoo we suck and will be picking top three. That's new.

But if they are still alive, if they are starting to play well, to win late... I want a win!! Even if the chances at the playoffs are slim, at least our young team is gaining confidence and improving. This team is finally showing some heart and a winning attitude. You could just feel that they believed they were going to win this game no matter what. That's a big turnaround from the "how can we lose this time" deal we've gotten for the last seven years.

You can have your top five pick, I'll take a maturing team learning to win.

Friggin idiot.

If they are 3 - 12 going into the last game, I could care less if they win.  Lose, get the better draft pick, woo-friggin-hoo we suck and will be picking top three.  That's new.

But if they are still alive, if they are starting to play well, to win late... I want a win!!  Even if the chances at the playoffs are slim, at least our young team is gaining confidence and improving.  This team is finally showing some heart and a winning attitude.  You could just feel that they believed they were going to win this game no matter what.  That's a big turnaround from the "how can we lose this time" deal we've gotten for the last seven years. 

You can have your top five pick, I'll take a maturing team learning to win.

848441[/snapback]

Oh goodie, we can have a team with a lot of self-esteem sitting at home in January, rather then a team down on themselves for failing again while sitting home in January.

848436[/snapback]

At the end of 2004 our first pick was going to be in the second round, but we weren't worried because we had a team that played like it was ready to win. At the end of 2005 we had the #8 pick and had a team that played like a wounded civil war amputee. Also, if our team is playing well....that means we have less needs to address in the draft.

Oh goodie, we can have a team with a lot of self-esteem sitting at home in January, rather then a team down on themselves for failing again while sitting home in January.

848444[/snapback]

Are you serious?

What an A-hole