Flexible school

Fezmid

You made alot more sense when you were trying to kick Timmy's ass.  How come you don't stutter when you type? (Note the proper use of a question mark)

But seriously, thanks for proving my point.  Not only do you know dick about grammar/punctuation (try explaining how that first sentence should have a question mark at the end), but if I actually have to explain why "your" and "you're" sound the same but are actually different fuggin' words, then you are quite possibly the most moronic new poster of the year.  That's quite an accomplishment.  Congrats.

847239[/snapback]

"A lot" is not one word. And no you don't have to explain the difference between "you're" and "your," you just have to do what you correctly did in this post but not in the last one, and that is parenthetically set them apart. If you are going to be anal about something at least be correct.

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

"A lot" is not one word. And no you don't have to explain the difference between "you're" and "your," you just have to do what you correctly did in this post but not in the last one, and that is parenthetically set them apart. If you are going to be anal about something at least be correct.

847323[/snapback]

So now Darin is parenthetic?

You know what I think? I think anyone that says Pat Buchannan was one of the three worst presidents is pretty parenthetic. :angry:

Same goes to you. "Parenthetic" refers to parentheses. You used quotation marks. :angry:

Same goes to you.  "Parenthetic" refers to parentheses.  You used quotation marks. :angry:

847530[/snapback]

Parenthetic also means sad and hopeless. He may not have used it properly but it certainly belongs in the thread.

Did you see the part where he thinks Pat Buchannan is one of the worst three presidents? :lol:

I can just picture him looking through his coin collection......where's Pat? Where's Pat?

Personally, I think this is the dumbest idea I've heard in a long time.

http://www.cnn.com/2006/EDUCATION/11/21/an...l.ap/index.html

And this quote is so bogus it's not even funny:

"Others disagree, noting most adults can barely remember, or rarely use, most of what schools pounded into them."

845649[/snapback]

I agree, we can't just have everyone getting off the rails of mediocrity. People have to be taught to do jobs they don't like, and be told that they are "good jobs". Seriously. As a society we can't have the checkout clerk at Wal Mart or IT guy at Kodak always worrying about whether they are making the most of their life and doing what they really "want" to do, we need them thinking about the job they are doing and things that make them do that job, like their paycheck.

Home schooling I can understand, if you want to dedicate your time and impart wisdom and knowledge to your own children, that's a good thing. And because most people can't do that, it limits just how many children are home schooled. But this "free school" idea is taking the worst parts of both schooling and unschooling by making it easy to drop your kid off and drive away and then not monitoring and determining what they are learning. I know that schools are pumping out an inferior product in this country, but IMO the reaction should be to make kids CONFORM to school and demand more from them, not to tailor school to the individual.

You want your kid to be special, then take a special interest in them, but if you can't or won't, you should be able to at least expect school to give them the education to get a good job and be useful to society.

Same goes to you.  "Parenthetic" refers to parentheses.  You used quotation marks. :lol:

847530[/snapback]

Sorry buddy, not always. Nice try though.

ADJECTIVE:

also par·en·thet·ic (-k) KEY

Set off within or as if within parentheses; qualifying or explanatory: a parenthetical remark.

http://education.yahoo.com/reference/dicti...y/parenthetical

So :):) back at ya.

:):D:P:P

ADJECTIVE:

also par·en·thet·ic  (-k) KEY 

Set off within or as if within parentheses; qualifying or explanatory: a parenthetical remark.

So  :lol:  :) back at ya.

:)  :)  :D  :P

849292[/snapback]

This is getting totally parenthetic now.

If I may be allowed to summarize.......

(Pat Buchannan was a horrible president.)

This is getting totally parenthetic now.

If I may be allowed to summarize.......

(Pat Buchannan was a horrible president.)

849476[/snapback]

Pat was a great President! Lowered taxes, lowered gas prices, increased personal savings rates for Americans and deported the Canadians. I love him! Abolish the 22nd Amendment so he can have a 3rd term

ADJECTIVE:

also par·en·thet·ic  (-k) KEY 

So  :lol:  :) back at ya.

:)  :)  :D  :P

Your original post was not about "qualifying" or "explaining" anything. It was about setting certain words apart from others using various characters. You got your words mixed up. It happens. Don't try and weasel out of it by resorting to bogus definitions (my New Oxford American Dictionary includes no such definition).

Pat was a great President! Lowered taxes, lowered gas prices, increased personal savings rates for Americans and deported the Canadians. I love him! Abolish the 22nd Amendment so he can have a 3rd term

849576[/snapback]

:doh:

You might want to be ready to do away with a few other amendments too. I'm thinking 1, 13, 15, 19 will be the first ones to go. Number 2, however, will remain quite secure I think.

Your original post was not about "qualifying" or "explaining" anything.  It was about setting certain words apart from others using various characters.  You got your words mixed up.  It happens.  Don't try and weasel out of it by resorting to bogus definitions (my New Oxford American Dictionary includes no such definition).

849603[/snapback]

You are right :doh: